Wilton Master Course

Decorating By Bettyviolet101 Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 6:34am by Bettyviolet101

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:09am
post #1 of 7

Hello. I was wondering if any of you have ever taken the Wilton Master Course. I am a stay at home mom and would have to raise my own money. Its the only option I see that is possible because I live in a small town and the nearest Michales or Joanns is 2 hours away. Our community college does not offer ANY courses on baking or decorating. I have zero options except teaching myself which I have been for almost a year and I am dying to have someone behind me helping me along. My qustion is is it worth the money?

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:23am
post #2 of 7

I have a friend that took it. She loved it. Why not? collette peters and nicholas lodge teaches there also. I would love to go there myself. I went there when ices conventions was in chicago. Saw collette teaching the students. They were all really busy and looked really happy. hth

Bettyviolet101 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:32am
post #3 of 7

I know I keep going back and forth to the "why not" and "think how many tools I could buy for the 2 grand I will drop on it".

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:09am
post #4 of 7

yeh! i know what you mean. I just know people from all over the world go there. I truly would love to go to.

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:16am
post #5 of 7

I took the course a little over 2 years ago. It depends what you are interested in learning from the course. I also took Ultimate Gumpaste Flowers with Nicholas Lodge at the Wilton School also. The classes that they have by the guest instructors are totally different from the mater course. If you have any specific questions you are more than welcome to send me a PM.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:33am
post #6 of 7

I took the master course about 4 years ago. I loved every minute of it. It reinforces old piping skills, teaches new ones, and is packed with info.

Yes, it is expensive, but buying tools that you don't know how to use is expensive, too.

I suggest that if you go, you take as many of the added classes that you can afford. You'll be exhausted, but you'll love it.

You get a lot of equipment that is yours to keep as part of the class and you get a 25% discount on the store for the duration of the class. If they have the tent sale around the same time this year, if you take the class that begins on 6/20, you might be able to attend that and you'll find many things discounted at least 50%.

Rae

Bettyviolet101 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 6:34am
post #7 of 7

hahaa blakescakes thats funny that you say that because I just told my husband I was second guessing my decision to go and he said "whats the point of buying a bunch of tools you don't know how to use?" I told him I was also concerned that it could be a waste of money and his response was "you will never know unless you go". So...I am thinking I am going. Thank you to all of you who replied.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%