Cake Truffles

Baking By cakeE101 Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 2:22am by WAdora66

cakeE101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeE101 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 12:48am
post #1 of 6

I can't get them to stay together the fall apart when i try to dip them in chocolate what i'm i doing wrong i try three different recipes and still no luck if you can Help me thanks

5 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:18am
post #2 of 6

Have you added enough icing to the crumbled cake? Sounds like they might be too dry to hold their shape.

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:30am
post #3 of 6

Don't use too much icing or they will be mushy.

They best thing to do is freeze them before dipping. THey are very fragile if you don't.

Cake_whiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_whiz Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:11am
post #4 of 6

Are you refrigerating or freezing your truffles before dipping them in chocolate? Doing that should solve your problem.

Also, is your chocolate too hot? It should not be too hot. That creates problems too.

Hope this helps.

katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:19am
post #5 of 6

I semi-freeze mine and also always thin my chocolate a bit with shortening so that I can spoon it around the cakeball more easily. They really need as fast and as gentle of handling as possible.

WAdora66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WAdora66 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:22am
post #6 of 6

don't dip them in melted chocolte if they are frozen otherwise the chocolate could crack. What works for me is if they are previously frozen and then put in the refrigerator for a few hours before dipping. There's a fine line between frozen and refrigerated pops and if they are out of the fridge too long they will slide off the stick. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%