Brownie In The Middle Of A Cupcake

Baking By cadgurl07 Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 5:09pm by cadgurl07

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 13

How would I go about doing this? Would I put both liquid batter in the cupcake liner and bake at the same time or would I do the brown first and put a finished piece of brownie in the cake batter at a certain time?

12 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 13

If I was doing it (I haven't before) I'd probably try the first time with both batters. Put some cupcake batter in, a spoonful of the browie batter, then more cupcake batter on top.

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 13

let me know which one worked out thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 11:36pm
post #4 of 13

Wasn't something like this featured on CakeSpy?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 13

I'm thinking if you put the cupcake batter in first and then a drop of the brownie mix on top, the brownie will sink to the middle as it bakes because its heavier than the cupcake batter.

This makes me want to try that now! icon_smile.gif

LogansMommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LogansMommie Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 13

If it doesn't work out to bake at the same time could you just bake the cupcakes and brownies separately and then use an apple corer to core out the middle of the cupcake and use the corer to cut out a perfect sized "middle filler" of brownie for the cupcake?

LoL - did that make sense?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 12:27am
post #7 of 13

I like LogansMommie's idea.

And I thought of using already baked brownie--make a real fudgie one and use a scoop--but the cake batter has to be cold or real thick or something. And I don't think plopping it during the baking is a good idea. I could be wrong but I would not try that.

Apple corer I think is brilliant. Lotta work but brilliant.

Y'know what's another idea? A nice big dollop of ganache inserted right as it comes out of the oven. Take off the top plop 'er in and replace. mmmm

But I am not a cupcake guru.

cupcakeqt72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeqt72 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 12:49am
post #8 of 13

I have made cupcakes with cookie dough in them. I put a small scoop of batter in the liner then added a ball of cookie dough in the center. I added more batter to cover the dough. Baked like any other cupcake but a yummy surprise in the middle!

eolan68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eolan68 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:28am
post #9 of 13

To cadgurl07 let us know how they turn out. I'm curious....cupcakes & brownies are my favorites. Yum!!!

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 1:48am
post #10 of 13

I would bake the brownies first and cut them into bites. Then a spoonful of cake batter, brownie bite in each one, and fill with the rest of the batter. It will obviously take a little less time to bake since the "center" is already done.

huskerfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
huskerfan Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:23am
post #11 of 13

I put the cake batter in the pan first and then put the brownie batter in a pastry bag with a large tip and filled it that way. worked great!

HeyWife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeyWife Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:34am
post #12 of 13

When I made these I refrigerated the brownie batter. I put a spoonful of cake batter on the bottom of the liner, then a scoop of the brownie batter, then filled with cake batter. YUMMY!!

cadgurl07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadgurl07 Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 5:09pm
post #13 of 13

Thank you all for the input. I'll let you all know how it works out...don't know if I'll have time this weekend or if it'll be during the week...but before Thanksgiving.
Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%