Satin Ribbon On Wedding Cake

Lounge By jguilbeau Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 3:39am by G_Cakes

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 6

I am putting a satin ribbon around a buttercream wedding cake. Should I put the ribbon on at home or wait till I set up cake at event?

5 replies
jguilbeau Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:19am
post #2 of 6

Bumping myself, someone please answer your opinion.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguilbeau

I am putting a satin ribbon around a buttercream wedding cake. Should I put the ribbon on at home or wait till I set up cake at event?

BosCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BosCakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:32am
post #3 of 6

good question...if you're sure your tiers are perfectly level and there's no chance of any gaps, put the ribbon on before you get there...to be on the safe side, put it on after the cake is stacked.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 2:55am
post #4 of 6

I would put it on at the event...should give it plenty of time to crust a bit. you can back it with a strip of waxed paper cut to fit the ribbon is another way to help the icing from bleeding thru.

jguilbeau Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:06am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

I would put it on at the event...should give it plenty of time to crust a bit. you can back it with a strip of waxed paper cut to fit the ribbon is another way to help the icing from bleeding thru.

I would think the wax paper would slip. Exactly how do you apply/attach the wax paper to the ribbon?

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 3:39am
post #6 of 6

You could try ironing the ribbon and the wax paper together, the wax could melt slightly to adhere to the ribbon...

I have never done this but was first thing that came to my mind.

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%