Yet Another Copyright Posting...

Decorating By ncsmorris Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 2:58pm by CNCS

ncsmorris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncsmorris Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 2

I'm just wondering how all of you handle requests for cakes in a copyrighted theme. I know you can do a background cake and then the customer can place a figurine on if they want and I think that works for most people. But, I've gotten requests for a Thomas cake (draw Thomas on the cake), several college teams, Twilight, Wii consoles and games etc. Do you all turn these down, do you try to get permission, do you have the customer request the permission?

I'm just asking because I tried to get permission for a few cakes and it took forever! Some never responded after multiple attempts to contact them. One kept sending me to different people. One finally did say it was ok but took so long to respond that it was past the requested date for the cake.

On one hand, I think it's not worth my time but on the other hand, I want to be accommodating (legally) and want the business.

So, what do you do?

1 reply
CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 2

I dont do them at all. I will do a cake in the theme colors and let the people ordering buy the charater for the toppers.

I recently was cussed at for not doing a mickey mouse tree house cake. I just could not get it through to the lady that i dont do those cakes and she went into a tyrade. Spewed that she will make sure I never got another cake order from the public.

I dont know this woman never met her nor she me she saw an old business card and called.

Hateful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%