ozcake Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 8:50pm
post #1 of

I was so tired last night I fell asleep on the couch after watching tv for about 10 mins and my DH left me there, I woke up early and climbed into bed and snuggled up and he tells me that "your people were here this morning, I think they came to do the cheese" huh??? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Now I have been awake since 5am and no-one has been here the only "your people" I know are my family and they live far away. He was talking in his sleep and this is not the first time, I have had whole conversations with him whilst he has been asleep (although they don't always make a lot of sense icon_wink.gif ). The poor guy has been working really hard 14 hour days 7 days a week for last few weeks I think he must be dreaming about work (we have an Italian restaurant we are going through several 8kg cartons of mozzarella cheese a week at the moment - thats a LOT of cheese for those of you that don't know metric).

Anyone else have a sleep talking DH/partner?

22 replies
mkolmar Posted 20 Jan 2007 , 11:44pm
post #2 of

my DH will sometimes talk in his sleep. He always says the oddest things too icon_lol.gif Then it's hard for me to fall back asleep because I'm wondering why he said something so strange.

sweetness_221 Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:06am
post #3 of

My DH will walk and talk in his sleep. There was once I woke up to find him hovering over me playing with my face. That scared the #$%^ out of me! I asked him what he was doing and he mumbled something and went back to his side of the bed. Another time he was talking to my 2 year old in his sleep. It was hilarious! It's a little unnerving sometimes, but there's not much I can do about it. My 7 year old does it too. I'm going to have to watch both of them to make sure they don't go out in the front yard in their underwear.

christeena Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:23am
post #4 of

Mine hasn't started talking yet but he SNORES as loud as a freight train when he is very tired. Therefore, I am well acquainted with our couch. Very frustrating! I am always tired since I'm one of those people who have to have complete darkness and silence to fall asleep. My grandfather always talked in his sleep and it was so funny. It's one of my biggest memories of him - talking and snoring (loudly) in his sleep!

booberfrog Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:30am
post #5 of

lol My husband talks in his sleep sometimes and he too says some off the wall things. One time he had fallen asleep on the couch and all of a sudden he raises his arms out in front of him, and says something like, "stand back this couch is going to tip in 4.2 seconds"
lol, he never make any sense!
Thanks for the laugh and reminding me about that!

mjjandz Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 12:32am
post #6 of

Not only does my dh talk in his sleep,but he sleep walks. It drives me crazy.

He only does this when he is really busy with work. Once when I was preggers with my ds1 he got up walked into the closet and started taking measurements and yelling like he was on the job site.

One other time he when to go to the bathroom and opened the wrong door and fell down the basement stairs. Good thing he did not break anything.

kaychristensen Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 10:50am
post #7 of

Ok my Dh doesn't talk or walkmin his sleep. But he SNORES. But or whole family including DD who is 8 snores not as bad as Daddy. But our sleep talker and sleep walker come from my side of the family. My kids aen't as bad as my DS. When we were younger she opened our back door in her sleep. And she has twin boys that are big sleep walkers and talkers. One of them who was working in a factory. Woke up and lifted his little boy up like a piece of machinery and moved him from one place to another.(just like his job). I have carried on conversations with these boys and they don't know it happened the next day.So I know whet this i like but not with DH just my kids and nephews. And it is very scary. Good luck I only need to invest in ears plugs. But with my DS I am not sure that is a good thing icon_cry.gif

ozcake Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 1:34pm
post #8 of

Good to hear your stories icon_smile.gif , I think he was a bit annoyed initially that I posted about him but when he read the others I think he felt better knowing he was not the only one.

He hasn't started walking yet but he does snore. I must admit though one time I tried to take advantage of the sleep talking thing and I tried to get him to agree to make me pancakes (he makes THE BEST pancakes) for breakfast the next day whilst he was talking in his sleep but he woke up in the middle of it and I was busted big time icon_redface.gif lol

mocakes Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 2:38pm
post #9 of

Mostly mine snores.. icon_mad.gif Some nights it just feels like someone dragging their fingernails across a chalkboard!

But he does talk once in awhile....when we were married about a month and living in an apartment, he woke up in the middle of the night, raised up in bed and reached across me with his hand out (like telling someone to stop) and began yelling..."Oh no, now they are coming through the wall!!"

What the #@$#!! It freaked me out because he woke me out of a sound sleep and I had no idea what he was talking about. He then laid down, rolled over and went right back to sleep.

The next morning he laughed, but was so embarassed icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif and had NO recollection of what happenend!

Pootchi Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 11:35pm

My dh also talks in his sleep. My mil told me when I was dating that if I ever had doubts about him cheating I just need to ask him while he's asleep. He'll answer! She always what he did when going out because she asked him in his sleep.

Sometimes he says weird things too! it makes me laugh... My youngest son also talks in his sleep. So I think it's genetic!!!!

mbelgard Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:51pm

My husband does, he'll start talking about something off the wall that I have no idea what it means.
He can have conversations without remembering them too and you don't really know if he'll remember it or not because his eyes will open.
The funniest was when he woke me up singing. I don't remember what it was he was singing but it's funny because he doesn't sing at all.

OhMyGoodies Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 1:27pm

You ladies gave me a great laugh this morning!!! icon_smile.gif

My husband talks in his sleep as well lol. He sometimes talks about work with me like I'm one of the guys on his crew and asks me over and over "Did you get that?" And I'll laugh and say yup I got it baby then he starts screaming "Don't call me baby you sicko!" lmao it's funny. The other night he sat straight up like something bit him or something and looked at me and said "Did you hear that?" I said no what's wrong he said "They are coming don't you hear them they are on their way down the lane hurry up and clean up before they get here" So I had to dig deeper and find out what the hell he was talking about and again he was talking to the crew telling them to clean up the house before the owners came in to check the progress lol. (He's a foreman on a construction crew and a great one at that lol) But man he's bossy at work lmao.

My sister walks in her sleep. Once when we were young she got up (she was maybe 7) and walked right out the front door lol. Thankfully mom and dad were still awake and up doing something and dad walked out with her and they walked down to the bus stop and stood there for a minute and then came back lol. I guess she was ready for school lol.

My daughter talks in her sleep as well. My husband says I do too lol. And it's true with our family if you want to find out the dirt get it from them while they are sleeping lol. My husband spills his guts while sleeping lol.

Good luck to us all with our men and their weird habits lol.

kelly75 Posted 23 Jan 2007 , 10:02pm

My DH doesn't talk in his sleep....but I do!!! icon_lol.gif

Not only that but I also hallucinate things - mostly giant spiders crawling on the ceiling / walls icon_eek.gif ! - I think I'm awake and I can see them clear as day, so I wake him in a panic, but of course, there's nothing there and as I wake him up, I wake up properly too. Scares the absolute C**p out of him - he's getting used to it now though....

Zmama Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 2:47pm

Yep, every night! Yesterday went to wake him from a nap - "Tell them dancin women to get outta here" Uh, okaaay. "What women?" "Those dancin women there, tell em to get outta here, don't you see em?" Yeah, get right on that.

Used to it, tho. My dad could sleep with his eyes open AND talked in his sleep, but never remembered later. Grampa used to, till my dad asked his permission (and got it) to get married at 17 and grampa agreed. That stopped him cold! icon_lol.gif Gramma said grampa never talked in his sleep again.

jess4037 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 9:58pm

Good to know my husband isn't the only one that talks in his sleep. I am a light sleeper so when he starts talking it wakes me up and I can get him to talk back to me! Then I ask him about it the next day and he denies it, but it's a lot of fun.

ozcake Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 10:35pm

wow, when I first posted this I didn't think there would be so many, there are some great stories icon_smile.gif

nickymom Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:47pm

Yes my husband talks in his sleep and though he doesn't sleep walk he does sit up in the bed and he even jumped up once!!! Scared me to death. He jumped up on his knees one night in the middle of the bed w/ his arms pointed out like he was holding a pistol ....knocked me out of the bed shouting "get down, get down!!" I got down because he scared me so bad!! Then one night he literally lunged at me when I walked in the room...he yelled "someone's in the house"....that scared me too and then lots of times he just "talks" says really off the wall things that don't make sense. I hate it!!! It scares me to pieces when he jumps up & stuff

XoGuitarChefoX Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 11:45pm

well, it is a known fact that i talk in my sleep! and i sleep walk too! i think its crazy and my mom said one i screaming don't put the pillow on top!!!" what the heck??!! i thought!! but yea its really weird!

cocakedecorator Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 5:20am

I feel everyones pain. LOL. Not only does my hubby snore (really bad!) he also kicks (both legs) and hard. If I don't get to bed before him, I have to sleep in another room. When we first starting living together he had a waterbed, OMG I was getting seasick sleeping with him. LMAO.

kaychristensen Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 6:11am

Wow cocakedecorator I made me think of something else me DH does. H esaid he has done almost all of his life. It would help him to fall asleep. He kind of shakes his feet back in forth. Kind of a rocking action any way when we first got together it was so annoying I had trouble getting to sleep with him shaking the bed. But NOW I have a hard time getting to sleep cause he works overnights. And I can't sleep without him shaking the bed icon_cry.gif Am I weird or what icon_lol.gif

rlsaxe Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 4:48am

no,but mine snores the most obnoxious snoring sounds. It's ridiculous.

m0use Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 4:28pm

My husband has talked in his sleep and so have I. I hate it when he starts having a conversation with me in my sleep and then I wake up. I get so mad at him that he woke me up...frustrates the heck out of him when I yell at him for waking me up icon_lol.gif
I guess my dad used to do stuff in his sleep too though. My mom told me the story that once she was sleeping and all of the sudden she woke up with a feeling of dread, and just as she woke up she saw my dad's fist coming at her full force. She thinks he was dreaming about having a fight with someone.
My husband will snore too, drives me nuts! I used to be able to sleep through anything but now that I have a son I wake up to more sounds than I used to. Which is interesting because my best friend when I was a child, her dad snored so loud you can hear him up on the second floor if he was in the basement sleeping. icon_eek.gif And I used to be able to sleep through that. icon_rolleyes.gif

rlsaxe Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 4:40pm

I talk in my sleep! So much so that I wake myself up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%