Debbie Brown's Sugar Plum Fairy

Decorating By Shelly82 Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 10:38pm by Shelly82

Shelly82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly82 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:50am
post #1 of 8

Has anyone made Debbie Browns sugar plum fairy cake? I am kind of in a bind here. I ordered her book back on November 1st and it was supposed to come in on the 12th but isn't here yet. I am trying to finish up this cake for a bday party this weekend and have run out of time waiting for it. I already made the girl that sits on top (I'll try to add as an attachment) on my own but have no idea how to carve this cake. If you have the Enchanted Cakes book or have made this cake before please help =)
Thank you,
Shelly

I am kind of new at this please let me know if the attachment shows up. I can't tell if it worked.

7 replies
cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:12am
post #2 of 8

Hi Shelly82,

I can't help with your question but I can tell you there is no attachment. Sorry!

Welcome to CC!

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:22am
post #3 of 8

I don't know if this link can help you. I found it on the picasa website. I do not know how to read or speak anything but english but the pics may help. Good Luck.

http://picasaweb.google.com/marisolportillo/TortasEncantadasDebbieBrown#5208384687083608466

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:28am
post #4 of 8

I've got it.

You need to pm me so we can figure out how I'll shoot it to you!

Shelly82 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 4:29am
post #5 of 8

Thank you Jaimelt76! Unfortunately, I don't speak Spanish either, but the pictures did really help!
I'll try to attach my picture again. I would really like all of your opinions on it, but I don't know why it is not working...

Shelly82 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 5:35am
post #6 of 8

Okay! I think I got it to download now =) It will be the only pic showing in the photos tab.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 11:29am
post #7 of 8

In a nut shell, you cut 2 pie shaped wedges out of the front of the round cake going about a third of the way thru and then flip them over and place in the back of the cake. Then frost and cover in fondant after adding the ruffles around. It is very easy.

Shelly82 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you all so much for your help! Couldn't have done it without you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%