Your Favourite Book?

Decorating By zespri Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 3:52am by KatsSuiteCakes

zespri Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:25am
post #1 of 3

What's your favourite cake decorating book?

I have been going nuts lately buying books, and love so many of them. But much as I love all of them, my favourite is still the first book I got, "The Essential Guide to Cake Decorating", despite the boring coverpage! (it's just roses). It has several sections on all sorts of different genres (kids, weddings, gateaux etc). Also it has excellent instructions on all sorts of things like piping, applique, run-outs etc.

I just got Maisie Parrish's latest book 'Fun and Original Children's Cakes' and am stoked with how much detail she goes into, it's great! She hasn't fit too many designs fit into the book, but the ones she does, she does in great detail.

So what's your favourite/favourites?

2 replies
Elcee Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:11am
post #2 of 3

icon_lol.gif My first is my favorite, too; Martha Stewart Weddings. I also love
Glamour Cakes by Eric Lanlard and "like a lot" Fun and Fancy Cake Decorating by Kate Sullivan and Toba Garret's the Well Decorated Cake. I just returned a Sylvia Weinstock and a Collette Peters to the library. I honestly don't remember the titles but I don't think I'd buy either one. I have a few Wilton books and while I don't really think of them as favorites, I do pull them out for reference A LOT.

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:52am
post #3 of 3

One of my fave's is The Confetti Cakes Cookbook by Elisa Strauss.

The recipe's are great, it has wonderful photos and she freely shares her expertise. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%