Fondant Cupcake Toppers!

Decorating By DeezTreatz Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 5:57pm by corpsequeen

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:16am
post #1 of 3

Hay! I have 3 cakes to make this week! Eeeek!

One of them are a dozen baseball cupcakes (I am making round fondant baseball toppers for the cupcakes to go on top of the icing swirls)...

My question is... (I have never made fondant toppers) lol but have worked with fondant a lot.. lol

How far in advance can I put my icing(The red stitches of the ball) on the fondant baseball toppers?
And how long can they be stored on the counter - or should they be stored in the fridge? They are to be delivered Saturday - eaten Sunday!

TIA!!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:39am
post #2 of 3

As long as you are using a self stable frosting it would be fine to make you red stitches now. I would store them in a container loosely covered to keep the dust off, but not airtight, the frosting might bleed, unless it is royal, then I think it would be fine. No fridge, especially if it is buttercream frosting, it might bleed when they come back to room temp.

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 3

I've made fondant decorations for cupcakes and used royal icingfor details but when I put them on the cupcakes and in a plastic ziplock container the fondant melted and all my poor little decorations drooped sadly across the cupcakes haha. Thankfully they were just for my friends so no one minded. Next time I used fondant decorations I covered the container lightly with plastic wrap and they were fine icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%