Christening/football/wwe Cake

Decorating By pottedmeatchunks Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 12:26am by pottedmeatchunks

pottedmeatchunks Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 9:12pm
post #1 of 3

Dear CakeCentralers,

I admit it's been awhile since I posted here, but you all were always so wonderful in the past I knew someone must be able to help me with this puzzle. I've recently moved to England and am experiencing cake culture shock. I have a request from a coworker for a cake for her 7 year old son who is being baptized. These are her specs:

"I would like in the middle "Happy Christening Day" then underneath [first last name], 12 December 2010 and then maybe round the outside some footballs , and he supports Newcastle United which is black and white stripe so maybe a little football kit?? And maybe the 'WWE' logo on it somewhere??"

I fear this cake design is on crack. For you Americans = soccer and kit = standard equipment/attire. Also I prefer decorating in buttercream, not the standard fondant (this was OK'd with client). I haven't quite figured out British fondant yet, it sticks to EVERYTHING.

Thanks so much in advance for all you creative people who are brave enough tackle this =]

2 replies
brincess_b Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 3

i wouldnt say wwe and football go together. i think the football idea alone would be so much better - strongly suggest that to the customer.

if she definatly wants both, id think having the writing on top (maybe with a small 3d football and wrestling mask?), and alternating football top (or football) and wwe logo round the sides.

pottedmeatchunks Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 12:26am
post #3 of 3

thanks brincess! i had originally offered either a football design or a wwe design but she came back still requesting both be incorporated into the cake. i do like your idea but making a mask from buttercream would be difficult so I'd only want to do it as a sheet cake and pipe it 2D. i'll see what she says... =D

Quote by @%username% on %date%