How Much Cake To Make!!!!!

Decorating By mandirombold Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 3:43pm by mandirombold

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 7

When u are making a wedding cake do u make for the total number of people attaining. It seems like a waste of cake. is there a certain percentage u dont count? (this is a free cake for my cousin so i do need to worry about over or under charging the customer). there are 275ppl. whould u make that much cake??? Help...

6 replies
MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 7

If they have RSVP's returned for 275 guests then yes I would make a cake to serve 275.

If that's the number of guests invited, than no, I would wait until the RSVP's are in before determining how many servings are needed.

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 7

Personally, I would make enough servings for all the guests, if you have a good count (if the number is a guess-usually I find that the number is overestimated by the wedding couple) The way I see it is that for every person who doesn't eat a piece, there is someone who will eat two pieces and the two piece eater can't really be stopped unless you are policing the scene of the crime...i mean cake. icon_biggrin.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandirombold

When u are making a wedding cake do u make for the total number of people attaining.

Yes, make it to serve the number of people attending. If some don't eat cake, the others who eat two servings make up for it. You wouldn't want to be the one who decides which percentage of the people aren't going to be served.

Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 7

Also, one thing you might want to do, if you are not wanting to make a moster-big-freebie cake is to make a smaller wedding cake for your cousin and then make a kitchen cake to provide the extra slices you need.

mandirombold Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 7

thanks everyone! I have a feeling its an overestimate but I'm gunna go with it! happy baking!!

mandirombold Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 7

just wondering becuz I think its a Pittsburgh thing, do ppl do wedding cookie tables where u guys are? becuz we also have 100 dozen cookies!! 3 8ft tables full. lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%