Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus

Decorating By chibikim Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 3:45am by chibikim

chibikim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chibikim Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:28am
post #1 of 3

Hi. I'm new here but i've been baking cakes for a couple of days now and I have been getting request from friends at work to make them cakes. I wanted to try a product by Wilton called the Dessert Decorator Plus. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it? I heard the Pro version was terrible because the plastic handle would break. Before I get burned buying this I want to know if this is a good item to get or is there a alternative out there that is just as good? My fingers cramp really bad when using a pastry bag. Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Corrie76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Corrie76 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:45am
post #2 of 3

chibikim, you are new and your "squeezing muscles" haven't been developed yet! keep practicing and decorating and before you know it, you will be able to crack open walnuts with your bare hands icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
DO NOT buy that wilton "calking gun" it is a cheap gimmicky tool and it's only use is to squeeze your wallet of some money. get yourself some disposable or canvas piping bags and a beginner's set of tips and couplers and work those muscles out!

chibikim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chibikim Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 3:45am
post #3 of 3

Oh wow! Thank you so much icon_biggrin.gif Ill get it right now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%