Raggedy Ann

Decorating By Jaimelt76 Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 5:11pm by Jaimelt76

Jaimelt76 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 11:41pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have any tips on how to make a standing Raggedy Ann? It would be much appreciated by me and my daughter. My hubby usually makes all my stands for me but he has been working so much overtime out of town I am lucky to see him for 12 hours a week. I was going to order the man stand from caljava but they are out of stock. My daughter wants Raggedy Ann to look like the pic in this link.
http://www.fromtheheartpostcards.com/RaggedyAnnMenu.html

Thank you!

5 replies
3GCakes Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 4:15pm
post #2 of 6

So cute! I love Raggedy Ann as a kid.

As far as making a support...you'd have to start out with PVC or dowel...two for the legs (drilled into a heavy board). The probably the rest of the "Skeleton" in her general shape. Maybe use RKT for the head since it will be heavy. Thinking about it kinda makes me whince with the amount of work it would be....

Is there any way, you think, she might not mind if Raggedy Ann is sitting down (like the way a lot of people do Elmo?)

You may want to change the title of your post to "Internal structure/standing figure cake" or something...it may get more structure techies to chime in.

Jaimelt76 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for your help. I think I may have it figured out. I will post pics when I get it done. Her party will be Dec. 12 so I have some time to play with it to get it right.

3GCakes Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 6

I hope it goes well! Can't wait to see it!

LuluSweetArt Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 6

Does it have to necessarily stand? There was a Raggedy Ann cake done very recently that was just gorgeous.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1846408.html

Maybe something like this would be easier to pull off without having to build an extensive stand. Either way I'm sure it will be adorable. Good Luck!

Jaimelt76 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 6

She is my baby and with her birthday exactly 1 week before Christmas she always gets what she wants. I do love the Raggedy Ann cake posted and have showed her that one. If I can't get this stand to work she will get one sitting down LOL.
I am off to Home Depot for parts.
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%