Cookies With Dragees & Disco Dust

Baking By Dreme Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 5:42pm by TexasSugar

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 3

I have a few cookie designs that have dragees and a little disco dust on them. So far I have just told people that they can can pick them off before consuming, other than that they are edible. Most people will eat them anyway. The disco dust is done in moderation. No one has ever complained about either thing on a cookie.

Now, I would like to start shipping cookies. Should I take further precaution? Can I ship my cookies to California? Sorry if this sounds dumb. I'm just curious if anyone else does this.

2 replies
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 11:07am
post #2 of 3

Dreme, I have the same concern as you. I add a bit of disco dust etc here and there, but am concerned as its not food approved. I decided in the end to add the following to my ingredients list: decorations may contain non toxic glitter and/or food approved lustre: and left it at that. I cannot afford to get legal advice, but as I am writing this, I am thinking,,,,hmmmmm maybe I should just incase...

I am interested to hear what others say.. I cant help you though as I am in Aus, and all our rules are different.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 3

When people buy a cookie they are thinking that it is completely edible. Cakers know that these items are consider non-toxic and aren't meant to be eaten. In my opinion you either need to make a note of that and let them know that they are non-toxic and not edible or skip using them.

As far as the CA question, since people there can't buy them there and places aren't suppose to ship them in, I'd skip them on those orders as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%