What Cake Can Be At A Banquet And Serve 200 People

Decorating By carriejoy Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 5:09pm by carriejoy

carriejoy Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to do a cake to celebrate a pregnancy centers 25 year banquet .
they want babes on the cake and flowers around the fountain,ok i have never done
a fountain before so can I just put my flowers around my fountain that sits on a separator
plate? last time I put a big cake on a 16 in plate it started to bend.I cant think of any way to add babes though any suggestions would help.
thanks joy

3 replies
3GCakes Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure I understand, let's see:

They want a big cake....do they want it stacked?

Do they a cake with a fountain, or do they already have a fountain there?

If you don't have a fountain, then you don't have to worry about it...I doubt they expect you to buy one for this one event.

You can model the babies out of gumpaste or fondant, in fact, there is a great mold to make them with from Global Sugar Art.

I did a cake once with a baby made from the mold, and put a bunch of flowers on it and made it look like the baby was laying in the flowers.

HTH.

MissBlu Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:23am
post #3 of 4

Why not a stacked cake with white background, rattles, bottles and baby faces like the ones on the link below:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1679107

With a stork or two in doctors jacket (how many people founded the center?) on top that is holding a draped banner with the "Celebrating 25 Years"

carriejoy Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 4

thanks for the advice I am going to buy the mold right after I force myself
of of cc icon_biggrin.gif . my mom works for the center and told them I do cake,I just want publicity right now so I told them I can do it for the suplys . 3gcakes
I am going to buy a fountan for a later cake I am doing and so I told them
I could do the fountan if they wanted .thanks a lot ,
joy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%