Woo Hoo!!! We Are Now Open For Business.

Business By patticake1951 Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 12:07pm by susiekoos

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 25

My dd and I are now officially open for business. We had the HD approval yesterday and have all of our license done. We got a cute little building on the square across from the courthouse in a small town where my dd lives. We joined the Chamber of Commerce and they will do a spot on the radio and an ad in the newspaper.

We are having a ribbon cutting ceremony the Nov 30th.
It is called Frogking Konfections. We named it that for my son that passed away 2 yrs ago. His email address was Frogkingbob, and we thought that was cute.

This is our logo
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs350.ash2/63005_149697551735648_100000862135564_230001_4558132_n.jpg

and here is a link to our face Book album of the bakery.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28218&id=100000862135564&l=626a29193a

We went around to some of the neighboring businesses and city offices and gave them some mini cupcakes and cake balls for advertising this morning.

24 replies
ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 7:50pm
post #2 of 25

Congrats to you!!!!! Cute name and logo. Wishing you the best of luck icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 8:35pm
post #3 of 25

Congratulations!

Maydo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maydo Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 25

I am very happy for you. I cannot imagine the jouney you took to get there, but you did it!!!

I wish you all the best in this new chapter in your life.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 11:19pm
post #5 of 25

Best wishes for much happiness and success! Love that sofa in one of your photos!

patticake1951 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 11:59pm
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

Best wishes for much happiness and success! Love that sofa in one of your photos!

We are getting a small chair and a few tables to put in there and set it up as a sitting area/coffee shop.
I added some more pictures to my album.

Thanks, we finished up some more work today and dd is getting ready to make a few cakes she has orders for. I am going back down next week. [The only bad thing right now is the distance, it is a long way from our house where we live right now. My dh and I are planning on moving there next spring, but can't right now.] We just got home, and I am pooped.

ClassyCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClassyCat Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 12:17am
post #7 of 25

Congratulations to you both!! How extremely exciting for you. I love your name and logo, and really like the idea of honoring your son.

elliegails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliegails Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 12:27am
post #8 of 25

congratulations!!! What a great accomplishment!

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 12:56am
post #9 of 25

Lots of luck with your new business, wishing you much prosperity.

gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:13am
post #10 of 25

How great! good luck to you..Playing out some of our dreams...

patticake1951 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:20am
post #11 of 25

thanks everyone. It was a challenge to get all of that done in time to do the ribbon cutting on the 30th, which also happens to be my son's birthday..
A weird thing- There was a calender on the wall from the previous owner and every day was marked off when they were there. The last day that was marked off was July 17 2008. Which was the day we buried Bob. I saw that and told my dd to come and look at it and she got tears in her eyes and said that it was a sign, so it is still up on the wall!!!

Cake_whiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_whiz Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:30am
post #12 of 25

That is fantastic! Congratulations!!!

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:43am
post #13 of 25

Congratulations. Hope all goes well with your business. That's something about the calender. icon_eek.gif

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:46am
post #14 of 25

Congratulations and good luck!

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:50am
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake1951

thanks everyone. It was a challenge to get all of that done in time to do the ribbon cutting on the 30th, which also happens to be my son's birthday..
A weird thing- There was a calender on the wall from the previous owner and every day was marked off when they were there. The last day that was marked off was July 17 2008. Which was the day we buried Bob. I saw that and told my dd to come and look at it and she got tears in her eyes and said that it was a sign, so it is still up on the wall!!!

Wow, what a touching story. It sounds like it really was meant to be... icon_smile.gif

btw, I noticed you're in Cookeville.. we are nearly neighbors. I'm only about two hours away icon_lol.gif

Congratulations, and best of luck to you!!!!

patticake1951 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:54am
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyw321

Quote:

Wow, what a touching story. It sounds like it really was meant to be... icon_smile.gif

btw, I noticed you're in Cookeville.. we are nearly neighbors. I'm only about two hours away icon_lol.gif

Congratulations, and best of luck to you!!!!

Hi neighbor!
We live in Cookeville now, but our bakery is way down in west tn, in lewis county. My dd lives there, and she is going to be doing most of the work running it on a daily basis, I am going to go and help her probably every other week until we move there.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 2:16am
post #17 of 25

My very best wishes to you and your daughter on the opening of your bakery. Sometimes it just seems like some things are meant to be. It looks like this is one of them! I hope you are wildly successful!!!

cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:05am
post #18 of 25
Quote:

That's amazing, congratulations! icon_smile.gif

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:07am
post #19 of 25

Congratulations and best of luck to you.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:51am
post #20 of 25

Congratulations! What a cute building! Nice and small, keep it simple! I would recommend continuing to fix it up, and a commercial oven. It is simply amazing how much more you can get done once you have one! Even for now, you may me able to have a second oven put it. It would be about $200 to $400 to get a plug run by an electrician, depending on how far it has to go from the circuit box. Then a $50 oven off Craigslist. We put an oven in the garage and it is a lifesaver for weddings!

patticake1951 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:57am
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

Congratulations! What a cute building! Nice and small, keep it simple! I would recommend continuing to fix it up, and a commercial oven. It is simply amazing how much more you can get done once you have one! Even for now, you may me able to have a second oven put it. It would be about $200 to $400 to get a plug run by an electrician, depending on how far it has to go from the circuit box. Then a $50 oven off Craigslist. We put an oven in the garage and it is a lifesaver for weddings!

There is a big pizza oven in the back room. It used to be a sub shop and most of the stuff is still in there. There is even a proofing oven for the bread from KFC back there. I just didn't take pictures of that part.LOL We probably won't be using that stuff for awhile. We have already spent around $350 just on minor repairs ands cleaning supplies.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 8:32am
post #22 of 25

I almost bought a pizza oven once. I think it would have been nice to have, had it worked, lol! I am so glad to know you have more oven than the one in the pic! I was picturing baking around the clock, 6 days a week. With the timer set to double as an alarm clock, with a little cot set up in the corner! I know that before I got the second oven I baked all night several times. I would bring the timer in the living room and sleep for 45 minutes at a time curled up on the couch. Awful!

Darnedest thing right now is I have two, (TWO!!!) commercial convection ovens sitting in my garage, waiting for the funds to be installed.

$350 for supplies isn't much. A fresh coat of paint and some window treatments, some wainscoting or wallpaper. Some wall decor and lighting go a long way toward the "feel" of a place. I would do some fake cakes, too. I don't spend money in a place unless it looks like other people have spent some in there too.

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 10:52am
post #23 of 25

My very best for you!!!! just in time for holidays icon_smile.gif

patticake1951 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 11:48am
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes

I almost bought a pizza oven once. I think it would have been nice to have, had it worked, lol! I am so glad to know you have more oven than the one in the pic! I was picturing baking around the clock, 6 days a week. With the timer set to double as an alarm clock, with a little cot set up in the corner! I know that before I got the second oven I baked all night several times. I would bring the timer in the living room and sleep for 45 minutes at a time curled up on the couch. Awful!

Darnedest thing right now is I have two, (TWO!!!) commercial convection ovens sitting in my garage, waiting for the funds to be installed.

$350 for supplies isn't much. A fresh coat of paint and some window treatments, some wainscoting or wallpaper. Some wall decor and lighting go a long way toward the "feel" of a place. I would do some fake cakes, too. I don't spend money in a place unless it looks like other people have spent some in there too.

Yeah we are still getting the decor done a little more. I am going back there in a few days, and bringing more stuff from home. We are getting it ready for Christmas. I have a couple of ficus trees too. We have about 5 fake cakes in there now. and I found a glass display case we are getting next week for $75.00 I was thinking about getting some of my better cakes pictures enlarged to poster size and put on the a few walls, too.
I also collect S&P shakers and was thinking about using some of them[the seasonal ones] for decorations.
We actually did sleep there the other night, We stripped the floors until late and slept on the sofa and had another cushion on the floor.LOL
My dd lives about 36 miles from there and we were so tired and had to be back there again really early so just stayed.

susiekoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susiekoos Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:07pm
post #25 of 25

Congratulations ! and Happy Baking icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%