Naughty Cake

Decorating By tamicat49 Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 7:17pm by Marinette

tamicat49 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamicat49 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 16

I was just asked to do a naughty cake for my BIL & I have never made one before. I would like to do the one where the ladies boobs are out of her negligee. Do most of you use a sheet cake & ball pans or is there a pan I can get for this? Also, please any advice on doing this would be greatly appreciated.

15 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 16

I haven't made one, but the mini ball pan would probably be good unless you want to go bigger.

They do make pans if you go into the right store to buy it.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 16

use mini ball pans, bowls, or just make small rounds and carve.
for the body it depends on the look - sheet/rectangle/square or a heart pan can look really good too.
xx

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 16

I use the tinnie bikini pan with the mini doll pan when I do one.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 16

The mini ball pan is really small for the job.

I use the mini wonder mold and slice at an angle for a "natural" slope, or the regular ball pan and put them on top of a 12" heart that's slightly carved for a better torso shape. If you look in my photos and you have it set so you can see naughty cakes, you'll see a couple of examples.

tamicat49 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 16

I have never even carved a cake so do I need to stack round pans or does anyone know if there is a tutorial on this? Again, I don't know what to charge, what size pans. etc and any information that you can help me with this would be appreciated. Also, if anyone would like to help me they can pm me. Thanks for all your help in advance.

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:16pm
post #7 of 16

I did a single layer sheet cake, the ball pan that is like 6 or 7inch across which ever one that is, put them on at the top onto of single layer sheet. carved in the sides for some curves and cut the bottom corners at an angle to give a "bikini" line. turned out great.
O also used the same ball pans and a single layer heart that the balls fit on perfectly into the top curves. liked this way also.

tamicat49 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 16

do you know if I can get the ball pans at Michaels? & do you use a full sheet? Any other info welcome

mandirombold Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:31pm
post #9 of 16

I have seen the ball pans at michaels and I used a 12X18 inch pan. the ball pan must be 6inchs i guess becuz it fit exactly across the 12inch cake, side by side it little trimming.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 16

to decide what size cakes you use, you need to know how many people you want to serve. a full sheet (2 layers of cake) serves 98 party slices according to wiltons party chart (although i dont know if their biggest sheet is actually an industry standard full sheet)

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-3-inch-pans.cfm
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-party-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

i did mine witha 7 inch heart pan, and 4 inch rounds for boobs. was perfect, if i do say so myself! only did a single layer for the body, and two thin layers for boobs, so i didnt dowel - but if the boobs are going to be large, use cardboards and dowels.

charging you need to work out yourself - firstly if its legal to sell cakes from your house. then what do your ingedients cost. then the extras - toothpicks, soap, electricity, insurance etc. then your labour - give your self at least minimum wage.

you might want to edit your post and remove your email - its a bit of a risk! people can pm you through your profile here.
xx

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:40pm
post #11 of 16

They have the ball pans at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I would use those and a 12" heart, or a 12x18 rectangle. It's the easiest way to do it. If you can't find ball pans, you can bake in a metal bowl or an oven-safe glass bowl. I used to do it that way before I got the ball pans.

The carving isn't really hard...I usually make a pattern for my cake by tracing the pan on waxed paper and then folding it in half, draw half of the shape that I want to end up with, and cut it out. Then I've got a pattern to lay on top of the baked and cooled cake. I cut around the pattern, then round the edges. I also use the pattern to cut out a cake board, because I always use a board the exact size and shape of my cake, then put it on a larger, decorated board.

It's actually easier to put fondant on a torso cake than a round cake...don't ask me why, but it is. Maybe because there are curves and stuff to kind of tuck the excess into.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:58pm
post #12 of 16

I like using two hearts with the points trimmed off for the body I usually end up using the mini ball pan for the boobs.

You can also check out the naughty cake forum for more suggestions.

tamicat49 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 7:04pm
post #13 of 16

thank you for all the info. I did edit my post, thank you for that. Also she said the cake was for only like 20 people so I didn't want to do too large but they wanted a naughty lady (up to me design) but I thought I would start by the lady with boobs. Also, if I use the ball pans would they be too big for a 1/4 of 1/2 sheet? I also have a feeling she is going to want if for more than 20 people but that is all she told me so far.

mandirombold Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 7:41pm
post #14 of 16

I have also done them (don't know y I have made so many boob cakes.lol) by using the 2 ball pans and stacking each on in top a single layer 6in round. put that on the a round cake board and covering the whole thing. so only the boobs are cake. My favorite so far.

tamicat49 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 9:48pm
post #15 of 16

do you know how many slices you get from the ball pan? I need at least 20. Thanks again.

Marinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marinette Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 7:17pm
post #16 of 16

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%