Ganache

Decorating By cab333 Updated 19 Nov 2010 , 3:23am by sillywabbitz

cab333 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 5:29am
post #1 of 12

I am wondering if I can ganache a frozen cake? Will the fact that it is frozen ruin the ganache in any way?

11 replies
3GCakes Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 12

I'd make sure there are no ice crystals on the cake.

The ganache will set up super fast...so be prepared.

Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:34am
post #3 of 12

Does anybody know of where I could get a ganache chart that would show how much mix I would need for different sized cakes?

playingwithsugar Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 12:48am
post #4 of 12

There's nothing like that around.

But when you make one, please post it for us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:00am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

There's nothing like that around.

But when you make one, please post it for us.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Thanks icon_smile.gif I might work one out myself and post it. I was just hoping someone had done the hard work for me, he-he-he... gets hard when you're doing a few and want to do some ganache the night before & set it aside.

pattycakesnj Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:20am
post #6 of 12

Always make more than you think you need, nothing worse than running out and you can always eat the leftovers! yum

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 1:31am
post #7 of 12

I would like to know too. I am making some right now for tomorrow's cake. I am gonna make a ton and use teh leftover my daughter's cake in two weeks. If I have leftovers that is. icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:02am
post #8 of 12

I really didn't want the leftovers because I don't do many cakes and it means that some profits are lost really - it tastes real good but I could do without the extra sugar intake at the moment.

mcaulir Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:26am
post #9 of 12

I just made a 10 inch cake and used almost 800g of white chocolate using a 3 to 1 ratio with cream to fill and frost. One layer of filling. I only had a tiny bit left over. There's a start for your chart!

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 2:46am
post #10 of 12

I use the leftovers; if any for truffles. They freeze really well.

Sweet_Toof Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:04am
post #11 of 12

Actually I had some mint ganache in the fridge for about 2 weeks and then decided I would'nt need it so I froze it.. but given the fact I'll now have to heat it a little to soften it etc etc, is that too much temp changing for 1 item - should I be throwing it in the trash?

sillywabbitz Posted 19 Nov 2010 , 3:23am
post #12 of 12

When I was trying to figure out how much ganache I needed I looked at the Wilton chart that showed how much frosting I needed to ice the cake. I made that much ganache and I was a bit short.
I was using setting ganache which uses a 2 to 1 choc to cream ratio and that made just under 3 cups of ganache. So definately make a bit more than you need because it is a pain to need 1/2 a cup more than you have.

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%