How Do I Glue Fondant To Fondant, And Choc Melt ?

Decorating By my2rys Updated 20 Nov 2010 , 4:47pm by my2rys

my2rys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my2rys Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:56am
post #1 of 6

I have to attach fondant monogram - How do I attach on the side of the cake and ensure the letters will not fall off. Also, while I'm at it... I need help this is all for a cupcake tower wedding cake and have decided to put chocolate hearts on each cupcake - how do i make the chocolate shine and not look matt like or old? Thank you I have to do this nightmare cake Friday icon_smile.gif

5 replies
AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 5:04am
post #2 of 6

Piping gel works great in attaching heavier or thicker pieces to fondant.

As for making chocolate shiny, you need to temper it correctly. Here is more info: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-636239-.html

girlinthekitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girlinthekitchen Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 5:23am
post #3 of 6

I got this great tip at the Oklahoma Sugar show to attach fondant to fondant...use a very thin rub of Crisco on the monogram and stick up. Super thin layer and the Crisco blends into the fondant, no taste no sliding. I would use this method for flat pieces only...for heavier pieces I use royal icing or melted chocolate. HTH. Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:33am
post #4 of 6

I use some merangue power mixed with water to creat a glue, but in a pinch just plain old water works fine aswell

jillyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillyscakes Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:44am
post #5 of 6

I always use royal icing foung that its the strongest

my2rys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my2rys Posted 20 Nov 2010 , 4:47pm
post #6 of 6

The wedding is tonight finshed cake 3:00 a.m. Bride and Momma LOVED it. The crisco advice was GREAT. I have used other ideas (including ones posted here) but some times things slide, also are messy - but the Crisco did the job, not messy and even the heavy flowers did not move at all. Chocolate i used the Crisco on too and it helped. I am sooo thankful for this site and all the cc'ers.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1872870

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%