Melting Mm For Mmf

Baking By sugar_britches Updated 17 Nov 2010 , 4:46am by Crazboutcakes

sugar_britches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugar_britches Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 12:48am
post #1 of 5

Microwave is on the blink, does anyone know how I can melt mm over the stovetop? A couple of places I googled said I needed to add melted butter to keep it from sticking to the pan, but I'm not sure if this will change the final texture of the fondant. Help please? I was going to make this tonight! TIA!

4 replies
mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 1:09am
post #2 of 5

i just made two batchs of MMF the recipe i use calls for crisco, but i can`t say i ever made it on the stove so i can`t help u with that sorry but if u use crisco maybe it will work i guess u would have to stir it constanttly

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:03am
post #3 of 5

Several times I've read on here that people make RKT without the butter, so I can't imagine why omitting the butter wouldn't work for you. I would stand over the pan, have the burner fairly low, and stir the whole time just to make sure I didn't burn it.

hvanaalst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hvanaalst Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:27am
post #4 of 5

You could grease a stainless steel bowl and then put the marshmallows in and melt it over a pot of boiling water like you would chocolate. Might take a bit longer but you won't burn them.

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:46am
post #5 of 5

My thought was to put your crisco/butter in a double boiler and heating till hot and than add in your MM and stir, and stir until melted and you could pray it with non stick spray to help from sticking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%