Am I The Only One?

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 17 Nov 2010 , 2:30am by Elcee

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 8

So I've seen several what do you want for Christmas thread asking people what cake items they want. Now I'll admit that I haven't read through them but I was curious, am I the only person that doesn't have cake items on my Christmas Wish list? Some years I'll ask for kitchen related things, but I don't recall ever asking for anything cake specific for Christmas.

7 replies
au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 8

not just you. icon_smile.gif I don't have any cake items on my christmas list.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 8

I almost never have cake items on my list. I would look at it the same as getting a coffee pot or vacuum for Christmas!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 8

No cake items on my list either...actually, nothing on my list icon_biggrin.gif The kids lists and hubby's needs for his new job are enough for me. I enjoy shopping more than I really enjoy owning things, so I'll get my shopping fix getting their things. We moved into a new house this year, so I'm counting that as my present.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 8

I do have cake stuff on my Christmas list .. but that's because we do an adult sibling exchange and our limit on that is 50.00 so it's an easy way for me to get cake things that I don't normally have an extra 50 laying around for .. but there are non cake things on the list as well .. it's just a list to get ideas from ..

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 8

I am thinking that since this is a "cake" board, that most folks assume what cake things you are wanting! icon_wink.gif

If it was a book review board, I am betting there would be different books folks would ask for....

Put in the title that "what NON cake related things are you wanting" and I bet you get a lot of different answers. (just a thought!)

We have downsized the holidays - and focus more on family rather than what gifts are purchased. No having to fuss with all the crowds in the stores, and our family benefits from time spent togehter instead. Last year we made it a rule that we weren't allowed to BUY any gifts for our extended family - we all did a white elephant type thing and had a blast! I dont' think I have seen us all laugh so much in a very long time. We loved it!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 10:36pm
post #7 of 8

At my grandma's we do the Round Robin (much like the White Elephant) and the great grandkids drew names for gifts.

Me and my brothers still give gifts, but we don't go way out there on the spending. With us my nephew has always been the focus of our gift giving>

I was just curious if I was alone, the odd man out or weird.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 2:30am
post #8 of 8

I think it's the difference between caking as a hobby and caking as work. I'm a hobbyist so cake stuff is fun, thus on my Christmas list. I work in a school office, do I want file folders and pens for Christmas? Heck, no! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%