Price Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 6:43pm
post #1 of

Any suggestions? My husband has asked me to make a cookie bouquet for one of his friends. I have made 3 cookie bouquets, but they were all fairly simple ones. He would like me to use a picture of the guys car to put on the cookie. ANY and all ideas are appreciated.

11 replies
tastycakes Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 7:04pm
post #2 of

Can you make royal icng? Then color flow would be a good bet if you can come up with a simple design. If you want it more complicated, trace the image of the car onto rice paper and attach to royal icing covered cookie. Pipe on a little royal icing border to seal edges!

NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 7:19pm
post #3 of

I have a FBCT on a large cookie in my photos. I don't know if it would work for a bouquet? But it is an idea..

Price Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 7:31pm
post #4 of

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I am fairly new to decorating. I have attended Wilton Class 1 and hope to go back this fall to take the next level. Yes I have made royal icing and have had success decorating cookies with it. I would like to try to get more detail in the cookies for this bouquet. I am not familiar with rice paper. Can you tell me a little bit about it and where I might find it?

The large cookie idea is a good one. It would be much easier for me to do the picture my husband wants on a large cookie. I have been reading on here about FBCT and am anxious to try it.

I love this forum. I have learned sooo much from just reading everyone's questions and suggestions.

tastycakes Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 9:20pm
post #5 of

Cake Central is addictive, watch out! I buy rice paper at a cake decorating supply store, I don't know where else you'd find it. You can probably find it online if you type in "edible rice paper". I like to trace my outline with an edible marker, then give it a few minutes to dry. Mix up a tiny bit of color into 1/2 tsp of piping gel, then paint on, it'll be sticky, so let it dry for a while. Attach with the royal icing.

BlakesCakes Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 5:31am
post #6 of

I just did this with some large cookies for 3 different scenarios.

I designed my logo/picture, traced it onto parchment paper and then on the back of the parchment tracing I piped a very fine line of black cookie outline icing. I then put the tracing onto the flat iced cookie surface, pulling it up quickly. It left a copy of the decoration very faintly outlined on the cookie. I then went back and outlined it again more evenly and filled it in.

I'm sorry no photos yet.

Price Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 7:39pm
post #7 of

Thanks for all of your suggestions. My husband is still stuck on the cookie bouquet idea, so I guess that's what I'll have to go with. I might do some experimenting this week if I get a chance. Does anyone know if it would work to do my complete design in royal icing on a piece of waxed paper and then attach it to the cookie after it dries? I'm afraid it might be too heavy to stick?

BlakesCakes Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 4:16am
post #8 of

Yes, you can do a royal icing decoration and apply it to the cookie using more royal. No doubt it will make the cookies heavier. A personal bias is that royal decorations are very hard and I prefer the softer texture of icing decorations if the decoration takes up a large part of the surface of the cookie.

Have fun!
Rae
Blakes cakes

Price Posted 8 Sep 2005 , 11:51pm
post #9 of

I'm in the process of tracing the decoration onto waxed paper and filling it in. When the image dries I will attempt to glue it to the cookie with icing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't break!!! Wish me luck. Thanks again for the suggestions. icon_smile.gif[/img]

NEWTODECORATING Posted 9 Sep 2005 , 12:04am

Let us know how it work for you. We want pictures too. LOL

meni Posted 7 Jun 2012 , 7:36pm

Hi all !!!

My name is Meni i am from Athens Greece and i just developed a technique about transfering an image onto cookie you can see my technique here http://meniandmore.com/2012/06/06/1634/ in my blog.Is a non profit blog i do not earn any money from this i develepod the technique for my greek readers so they can draw on cookies i believe it will help a lot of women who do not own a projector. Is the second slideshow in the post and I do the transfer with a food colour pen.

bellacakecreations Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 3:32am

I pipe them in RI on parchment paper and then transfer them. If it's a larger pic and they are allowed to dry completely you shouldn't have a problem moving them. Writing and thin designs are the ones I make double the amount of since they usually break.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%