Need Ideas For A Charity Event

Baking By cricket0616 Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 5:03am by caymancake

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 6

This year my home will be on tour to support a national charity. I thought it would be a good idea to have each person leave with a small gift..a cookie. The event will be taking place with weekend after Thanksgiving, so what ever I do will it will have to be something simple. My plan was to decorate a cookie and put it in a cello bag and send it off with them.

My first question is: Is one cookie per person/per bag cheap looking. (Keep in mind there will probably be over 150 guest touring my home and my home will not be the only one on tour. Not only to mention, I have to decorate my house and get it ready after having out of town family for Thanksgiving day.

Second: Are there any ideas of how to decorate the bag so that it will look nice?

5 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 1:07am
post #2 of 6

One cookie per bag will not look cheap, so don't worry. Pick a design you like and are comfortable doing. I'd place the cookie in the cello bag and attach a paper tag. Scrapbook papers are perfect for this, as you can coordinate the cookie and tag nicely. Or you could simply tie the bag shut with some curling ribbon. Good luck!

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 8:58am
post #3 of 6

I saw a variety of Christmas treat bags in Michaels today.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 6

I saw a picture on the site of a peppermint cookie. I thought I could make those and tie little ribbons on each end. I have also bake some gingerbread cookies, but was trying to come up with something to cut down on time. Thanks for the ideas. I am heading to Michaels this weekend and will look at the bags or card stock.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 4:42am
post #5 of 6

It will only look cheap if the bag is huge in comparison to the cookie. I thought I'd mention that in case you got all dreamy eyed in the aisles of Michaels and forget to check the size of the bag before purchasing. icon_smile.gif

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:03am
post #6 of 6

If you have to do a lot of cookies in bulk, and you are pressed for time, just baking dessert cookies will look equally as nice - especially if they are in holiday flavours, like peppermint, eggnog, oatmeal cranberry, gingerbread etc. Just do a simple ribbon of glaze, and place a couple in a small cellophane bag. Tie with curling ribbon or real ribbon in holiday colours...and voila!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%