Let's Start A Cupcake Club! Cccc #16

Baking By GrandmaG Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 1:24am by GrandmaG

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 3

I am the lucky recipe submitter for #16. Since we have Thanksgiving next week I'm going to give everyone 3 weeks to make these cupcakes and post their results. Can't wait to see your results! Happy Baking!!
Here are the rules:

1. Have fun!
2. No bashing!
3. Start with original recipe.
4. Give constructive criticism.

Here is the post for the previous recipe #15.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-700710-0.html

I decided to pick a recipe appropriate for the Holiday's coming up.
I have not made these so have no idea how it is but I thought it sounded good for the Holiday's.

Fig Spice Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Buttercream
by Love and Olive Oil
Cupcakes:
1 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup finely diced fresh figs (about 2 whole figs), or 1/3 cup chopped dried figs

Frosting:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, room temperature
3-3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons raw dark honey
pinch cinnamon
2-3 tablespoons milk or cream, as needed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, sift together flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.

Whisk together coconut milk sugar, oil, and extracts. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until relatively smooth. Fold in fig. Fill cupcake liners with about 3 tablespoons of batter (cups should be just under 2/3 of the way full). Bake for 22-25 minutes or until set, and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool completely.

For frosting, cream butter in electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until fluffy. Slowly add 1 cup sugar and beat until smooth. Add honey and cinnamon and mix until combined. Add remaining confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and beat until well incorporated. Add 1 tablespoon of cream at a time, and mix at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add more cream or sugar as necessary to achieve proper consistency. Pipe or spread onto
cooled cupcakes.

If you don't have almond meal you can just grind up some almonds until powdery. Just make sure you don't grind too much to turn them to butter!
icon_smile.gif

2 replies
ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 3

I am allergic to figs so I will have to skip the cupcakes for this round. I am going to amke the frosting though and use it on a different flavor cupcake. I think I can take the same cupcake recipe and just substitute a different fruit in place of the figs.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:24am
post #3 of 3

dah, I think you can substitute any dried fruit in these. Dates would be good unless they fall in the same category for allergies. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%