No Motivation Today Javascript:emoticon(':(')

Lounge By Emmar308 Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 4:38pm by Emmar308

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 10:25am
post #1 of 5

Ever get that "i can't be bothered to do that" feeling?? I have a Hello Kitty cake to do this week, which i'm looking forward to doing, but then next week i have a Disney Cars theme cake and i sooooooo can't be bothered with that! It's not so much the cake, but i have 3 mini model cars to do (Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks and The King), i know they're going to be difficult to get looking right, and time consuming. I usually love the modelling bit, but i just can't seem to motivate myself this week.....(big sorry for myself sigh......) Sorry to whinge, just looking for a virtual kick up the ar*e!!

4 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 5

I had one last week myself. All I can say is she liked it.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 5

When we put pressure on ourselves and stress out about getting something just so so, then that does tend to make us want to put it off because you already have those thoughts in your head about what if I can't get them right, what if they look nothing like such and such.

Take a deep breathe, relax and pull out what ever you are making them with and start playing now. Don't look at it as work. Don't think about getting them perfect, just play. icon_smile.gif

I think this happens more when we are trying to match something specificly. When it is generic things only you know what you meant it to look like it is much easier.

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 5

I had this same problem a few weeks ago. I'm usually really excited to start on every cake. But I had someone who wanted an Ironman cake and I just couldn't get excited for anything. Ironman is not cute icon_wink.gif I even wanted to cancel but I knew I couldn't. I ended up buying an ironman figure for the top of the cake and that made me feel like I had a huge head start. I kind of felt like I was cheating but I just couldn't get myself to spend the time on it.

I was able to decorate the cake pretty quick and they ended up loving it. They were thrilled actually.

Maybe you can do that. Just buy the little cars and spend your time decorating the cake.

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 5

Debbief, i can't use real cars models, as the mum wants to keep the models. But you are right about getting excited about the cake itself - it'll be a number 6 shaped cake made into a race track, so should be fun to do!

TexasSugar, you made a very good point, i think i'm getting worked up because the Cars models are so specific i've already conceded i wont be happy with the models before i've even started! Lol not a great attitude to have!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%