12 Days Of Christmas

Decorating By hvanaalst Updated 17 Nov 2010 , 4:24am by hvanaalst

hvanaalst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hvanaalst Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 6:34am
post #1 of 5

I am making some 4" cakes for my sister to give to her staff at work. The theme is 12 days of christmas. I love these little cakes:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1527856.html

Thinking something simple like this but each cake having a simple decoration for the day of christmas. Most of them are pretty easy to do but am having trouble with the 'Maids a milking' and the 'Lords a leaping' .
I really don't want to put people on them but can't think of anything that would show what it is and still be simple.

Any ideas?

4 replies
karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 7:36am
post #2 of 5

How about a wooden milk bucket with "milk" looking like it is sloshing out for maids a milking? And for lords a leaping, what about shoes and legs that look like they are in mid-leap? You could get away with doing "no people" if you do the shoes/legs in 2-D (like a picture on the cake) rather than 3-D (like a figurine standing vertically).

hvanaalst Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 5

Milk bucket sounds like a good idea. Thanks. Maybe once i get a few of the days done I will find some more inspiration.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hvanaalst Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 4:24am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, it is a lot of work. I didn't mention that it is actually 4 sets of the 12 days of Christmas....48 mini cakes. I am making my sister help me though. I am starting to think that 3d is going to be a pain in the butt, so i might do 2 sets with 3d and the other two sets with 2d images or maybe even just sillouettes. I am going to have a good look through all my cricut cartridges and see if I couldn't do most of them on there. I don't use it much really but to do multiples of the same thing it would probably save me time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%