Best Mudcake Recipe..

Baking By noahsmummy Updated 21 Jan 2011 , 4:09am by Sweet_Toof

noahsmummy Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 5:50am
post #1 of 9

there are so many out trhere and so far the ones i have tried have come out dry or tasting wayyyy to much like coffee.

is anybody willing to share there tried and true mudcake recipes?

8 replies
LisaPeps Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 7:26am
post #2 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6983597-.html#6983597

Link to another thread about mudcakes, read the whole thread as there are recipes dotted around in it

noahsmummy Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 7:40am
post #3 of 9

thankyou!

Bluehue Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:55am
post #4 of 9

noahsmummy ...if you honestly believe your signiture line - then i suggest you don't attempt the recipe i posted in the above thread...
FOR I AM A SKINNY COOK icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Mind you, i am proud to be as i am than a ten ton tessy - who always has her fingers in the bowl ............................... *shudder*

Bluehue

Sweet_Toof Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 12:29am
post #5 of 9

I can't taste coffee in my mud cake recipe, then again I love coffee and I like it strong so maybe thats why if its subtle I am not recognising it .
I have been using the same mud cake recipe for a while, its similar to Pams Mud Cake (found in recipes on CC)... I thought it was great.. but after eating it for so long, you start wanting something different .... I went to a wedding last week and tried the mud cake, it was just as nice and moist as mine, but I could not believe how different it tasted (more cocoay).. I wish I knew how it was done, so now, just when I thought I was done searching for a mud cake recipe, I'm on the hunt again!

Bluehue Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 6:35am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Toof

I can't taste coffee in my mud cake recipe, then again I love coffee and I like it strong so maybe thats why if its subtle I am not recognising it .
You can always *up* the coffee quantity - or use an expresso type coffee which will give you a strong coffee taste.
To be honest - what the coffee does is enhabce the chocolate -
I have been using the same mud cake recipe for a while, its similar to Pams Mud Cake (found in recipes on CC)... I thought it was great.. but after eating it for so long, you start wanting something different .... I went to a wedding last week and tried the mud cake, it was just as nice and moist as mine, but I could not believe how different it tasted (more cocoay)..
I am thinking that the brand of cocoa used makes all the differance.
Me, i use Equagold cocoa - it is like powdered silk - extremely dark and rich - withut the *floor scrapping cocoa* taste that you get from a cheaper brand.
Here is a link telling a bit about it
http://www.equagold.co.nz/EquagoldProducts/RetailProducts/CocoaandChocolateProducts/PremiumDutchCocoa/tabid/37504/Default.aspx

When it comes to chocolate - cocoa - vanilla you get what you pay for...
I don't go cheaper when i am cooking because the flavour either disipates with the heat or just isn't there to begin with.

Bluehue

I wish I knew how it was done, so now, just when I thought I was done searching for a mud cake recipe, I'm on the hunt again!

Sweet_Toof Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 2:48am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Toof

When it comes to chocolate - cocoa - vanilla you get what you pay for...
I don't go cheaper when i am cooking because the flavour either disipates with the heat or just isn't there to begin with.

Bluehue

!

I've got a lot of work to do --- I thought Cadbury would do the job!!!

Bluehue Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 3:15am
post #8 of 9

Honestly - i think Cadbury Cocoa is like the floor dust from their factory floor......So bland - so pale - so icon_rolleyes.gif
There just isn't any richness about it - the colour tells us that...
Plus i always thought it had that *carboard smell* too it - as tho its old and stale.

Buy a good Cocoa - and you will really notice the differnce.

Re the coffee - make it stronger, perhaps that will help you with the *coffee flavour* thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue

Sweet_Toof Posted 21 Jan 2011 , 4:09am
post #9 of 9

Where do you buy it from?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%