When Do You Bake???

Decorating By mandirombold Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 2:50am by CocoaBlondie

mandirombold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandirombold Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 2:27am
post #1 of 4

I am wondering if you have a cake for saturday am, that you must have finished buy Friday pm, what day to you bake your cakes? (if u don't freeze them). Also once they are baked do you wrap and chill yours or just wrap them. I know this sounds basic but I want to see what everyone else does so I can make sure that I am donig things right. I feel like Im so last min so that I can have fresh cake...

3 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 2:38am
post #2 of 4

In your instance, I would bake friday morning & decorate friday afternoon/evening. If the decorating will take longer, you could bake thursday & wrap in saran wrap.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 4

My usual "schedule" is to bake Thurs and then fill/settle/crumb coat that day. I keep cakes in the fridge but once they are crumb coated you could put them in a cake carrier or other sealed container at room temp

I decorate on Friday so that I have Sat morning to deal with any "issues" that might crop up.

HTH
Kristy

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 2:50am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ62798

My usual "schedule" is to bake Thurs and then fill/settle/crumb coat that day. I keep cakes in the fridge but once they are crumb coated you could put them in a cake carrier or other sealed container at room temp

I decorate on Friday so that I have Sat morning to deal with any "issues" that might crop up.

HTH
Kristy

Me too. I usually deliver sat. afternoon. So I start my baking thursday morning. I give everything a good time to cool & filled layers to settle. Then I frost thurday night & decorate friday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%