Christmas Ornament Cupcakes

Baking By FrostingKrista Updated 15 Dec 2010 , 4:49am by MelissaMay

FrostingKrista Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 9

Hi Everyone! I was sure that I had seen it somewhere on here, but I can't find it.... How do you make those adorable Christmas Bulb Cupcakes? The only thing I could find are the ones with the cupcake base and just the bulb look on top. How do I do the ones that are a full ball covered in fondant? Thanks in Advance!

8 replies
msulli10 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:03am
post #2 of 9

I saved this to my favorites and haven't tried it yet, but I think this is what you are looking for

cownsj Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:25am
post #3 of 9
Originally Posted by msulli10

I saved this to my favorites and haven't tried it yet, but I think this is what you are looking for

Oooh, I didn't have that one. I do now. Now I have more designs to try for them.
I have this one saved to my favorites:

FrostingKrista Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 1:50am
post #4 of 9

Thanks!! These are exactly what I was looking for icon_smile.gif

Cakegirl313 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 2:18am
post #5 of 9

I'm so glad you posted these. I love love love these and plan on making them for the family this year as gifts. I always do candy and this year I wanted to try my hand at something else.

ilovecupcakestoo Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 6:04am
post #6 of 9

those are so cute!!

steffiessweet_sin_sations Posted 24 Nov 2010 , 2:57pm
post #7 of 9

great me too, now we just need a tutorial on how to make them!!!!

leafO Posted 4 Dec 2010 , 1:04am
post #8 of 9

so cute! i'd love to learn how to do these icon_smile.gif

MelissaMay Posted 15 Dec 2010 , 4:49am
post #9 of 9

I just made some for a family Christmas open house. Couldn't find mini ball pan (have since ordered it), so there is a tutorial on CC where you use a plastic ornament to shape the fondant, fill with cake ball ingredients and cover in fondant. It would hve been way easier with the pan, but I had to improvise!! (You can see in my photo gallery)

Quote by @%username% on %date%