Oh I So Need Everyones Help?

Decorating By Crazboutcakes Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 7:17pm by cownsj

Crazboutcakes Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 11:27pm
post #1 of 10

Ok, so I have been doing cakes for a little while and most of my business comes from word of mouth icon_lol.gif . I live in a relatively small town (aprox 10.500 people not including visitors) Well I have been approached by a local news paper writer about doing a story about my cakes for the paper. I know it's exciting. icon_surprised.gif Well I need some ideas of a cake to make for the photo for the paper icon_eek.gif . I need some help what would you do for a once in a life time chance of showing off? Let me know, please

9 replies
glow0369 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 10

I suggest do what you do BEST....

-K8memphis Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 11:50pm
post #3 of 10

Wow--that's So Cool for you!! Do you do topsy turvys? Do something instantly eye catching.

Very happy for you!!!!

msulli10 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 10

Is there something special about your town - maybe you can do a cake that represents your town.

ILoveDaffodils Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:00am
post #5 of 10

That is very nice. I looked at your pictures and they are all good but I have to say I like the donkey the best. Maybe something like that? How about a dog? Most people love dogs.
Whatever you decide I am sure it will be wonderful.

Occther Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:06am
post #6 of 10

Before you receive the publicity, do you operate a cake business legally from your home? I thought that Florida didn't allow home bakers.

cownsj Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:22am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occther

Before you receive the publicity, do you operate a cake business legally from your home? I thought that Florida didn't allow home bakers.

I was thinking the same thing (other than knowing about the Florida part)
If you aren't legal, you could be opening a door to lots of problems for yourself.

Crazboutcakes Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 10

The paper is more so for people of our community, cakes are usually made for fiends, family, and personal occations for practice mostly and critiquing my skills, and I am in the process of making a business plan for the near future, to open up a company here in my area. Which the market is wide open with no one that does what I do... so thanks for concerns. I have never been asked and I just think it is fantastic that my artistic talents are going to been seen by many icon_smile.gif

ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 4:37pm
post #9 of 10

Congrats!!! My only advice to you is... do what you love to do...whatever techniques you truly enjoy, do those! if you love what you do, ur passion is bound to come out in a spectacular piece. Take a deep breath, grab a pencil and paper and draw it out. You will be soooooo surprised what you have when it's done. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to assemble it so it comes out exactly as you envision. Can't wait to see the pictures.

cownsj Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 7:17pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazboutcakes

The paper is more so for people of our community, cakes are usually made for fiends, family, and personal occations for practice mostly and critiquing my skills, and I am in the process of making a business plan for the near future, to open up a company here in my area. Which the market is wide open with no one that does what I do... so thanks for concerns. I have never been asked and I just think it is fantastic that my artistic talents are going to been seen by many icon_smile.gif

Wonderful, with all those concerns aside, this is such a fantastic thing for you. I'm so excited, and it can only serve to help loads when you do get your business open. Be sure to keep extra copies of the article, framed, to hang in the shop when you do open.

I agree with everyone else, do what you love to do and what has caused your family and friends to want your cakes. Something eye catching and yet something people will see themselves wanting from you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%