My First Decorated Cake

Decorating By Camaro19 Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 10:59pm by Camaro19

Camaro19 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 6

My mom's hobby had been decorating cakes and I inherited all of her supplies when she passed away almost 2 years ago. About a month ago I made cupcakes for someone's birthday and it really got the bug started in me so I've been reading a lot of posts on here lately. The timing of this is crazy because 2 weeks ago my work posted an employee cake off, so I signed up. Here's my first attempt!

I'm not sure if I'm allowed, but if I can I'd love for people to help me out with votes. See below for the voting details...

To view all of the cakes go to The Lakeside Collection's Facebook page under photos:!/pages/The-Lakeside-Collection/100586939998717?v=photos

Then go to this link and vote for a cake in each group (my cake is number 54 in group C):

Thank you!

5 replies
Creativebakes Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 6

Good job thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 6

Members here are always asking us to vote for something. I think, as long as it's not one of the CC contests, it's alright to fish for votes here.
At least, I don't remember a policy regarding voting on other websites.

I can't believe that's your first cake! You did a great job on it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ILoveDaffodils Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 6

Great job on your first cake! Welcome to the obsession.

Ivy383 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 6

Great job! icon_smile.gif

Camaro19 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! My mom showed me quite a few things, and I did some hands on practicing with her. The one thing she never showed me was how to get the consistency of buttercream right. As you'll notice I avoided frosting except for the water where it worked for it to look messy. Yikes! That is my next adventure...

Thanks to this forum I created my items from modeling chocolate instead of fondant and I also got my sand idea from here, I was going to use graham crackers until I read a post about pecan shortbread cookies, perfect!

Quote by @%username% on %date%