How Do You Showcase Fondant At A Cake Tasting?

Business By jenmat Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 8:50pm by DianeLM

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 7

It's tasting season over here in WI, and since we're still in a "what is fondant?" area, I'd like to present it the best I can, since I love working with it.

How do you tend to showcase fondant at your tastings?

My 4" single layer cakes (they get 2) come bare-naked so they can taste the different icings I offer. This has been very popular, since the cake can really shine through then. I've put a heart cut-out of the fondant on one of my tasting plates and covered it until right before the tasting, but I'm not sure that is the best way.
TIA! thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:32am
post #2 of 7

I don't put it on the cake, but if they want to try some I usually have some with me that people can try if they want to.

JadedJenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JadedJenn Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 12:55am
post #3 of 7

A heart shaped cut out sounds like a really cute idea!

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 1:38am
post #4 of 7

I use heart shaped cut-outs in small plastic cups. If I happen to know what colors they are using, I will use that color fondant.

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:00am
post #5 of 7

i just make a small ribbon rose and place it in the middle of a plate which also has a swirl each of vanilla and chocolate buttercream.

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 7

I cut my cakes up into small sizes (I use loaf pans) then I fill plastic cups with buttercream and then a few different fillings. I put a cut out heart of fondant on top of the buttercream (that way it stays soft and pliable).

ps. I love the idea of doing a heart in their color...very cool.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:50pm
post #7 of 7

I also prepare heart cut-outs. I keep them covered with plastic wrap until it's time to taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%