Looking For Inspiration For 5Th Birthday....

Decorating By pinkjacs Updated 17 Nov 2010 , 3:15am by cakesrock

pinkjacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkjacs Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 8

My son is 5 at the start of december, I asked him what cake he wants and he says he wants a mickey mouse cake like the ones I have already done...I wanted to do something different, his cake last year was my first cake and it was a two tier ty story cake so I feel like I want to do something different, I have done 3 mickey mouse cakes. he has also had mickey mouse cup cakes....

Now I know that its his choice but I want it to be really special for him and not one I have done before any ideas would be great thanks..

7 replies
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 8

I would think you need to do another MM cake for him since that is what he wants. We have a friend whose 2 year old wanted a tire for his cake. My husband made a cake with one tire resting against the 2nd. He loved it. (Imagine a 2 year old wanting a black birthday cake). This year he turned 3, and what did he want......... a tire cake. His mom asked if it could be done again, but with a different design. So, he got 2 tires stacked on top of each other (in our photos) with a different tread. He loved it again.

So, the idea is a different form of a Mickey Mouse cake. How about a large Micky Mouse ears hat? Or ask him if he has something specific in mind he might like. Or maybe sit at the computer with him and do a search for MM cakes and ask him to point out which designs he likes and which ones he doesn't like?

Just some ideas....

pinkjacs Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 8

yeah it will have to be a mm cake, I think I will sit him at computer and let him decide what he wants it like. I dont mind doing another mm cake just not the same design lol

thanks for replying

cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 8

Boy, I know just what you mean...... please just let me do a different design... lol

I think the two of you will have a ball just looking at cake ideas. Make some cocoa and make the search an event. I bet he'll remember that every bit as much as the cake itself. Nothing like special time spent with mom.

Have fun, and please be sure to let us know what you decide on, and post a picture.

pinkjacs Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 8

I will do...thinking about what you said making it an event, I know what will make him very happy I am going to let him work on the cake with me he will LOVE that he never gets to help when its for other people and he can never understand why I get to play with "play doh" all the time and he doesnt lol

thanks dont worry I will post pics!

cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 8

I was just going through photos I have saved in my "favorite photos", and came across this MM cake. Thought I'd pass it along; I think it's adorable.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1433491

pinkjacs Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 10:30pm
post #7 of 8

oh thats very like one I saved tonight thanks very much for your help x

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:15am
post #8 of 8

Yes, when a 5 yr old gets it in their head that they want a certain cake, there's no changing their mind! My son was adamant about having a cruise ship cake and I could not change his mind to something 'simpler'. I agree, just try to get him to pick something a bit different from what you have already done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%