Cookie Monster Cake

Decorating By Natdbat Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 9:38pm by brincess_b

Natdbat Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 9:09pm
post #1 of 10

Hello I am making a 3D Cookie Monster Cake .Need some tips in how to tackle it. TIA

9 replies
vlk Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 10

Hi Natdbat -

I have made a cookie monster and an elmo 3d -
here is how I did it....

The body was 4 (12" round) and carved into an oval body shape - covered in buttercream (red or blue as to your character)
The arms, feet and head where RKT and placed on the body with dowel rods and then also covered in buttercream with the color.
Used the grass tip (can not remember the #) and went at it... covered the whole body with "hair"

Cookie Monster has a more rounded head and his eyes are made from white balls of fondant with a black dot - his mouth was cut out of the RTK and lined with black fondant.. and then I surrounded him with cookies.

HTH -

Vicki

nonilm Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 10

I had saved this cookie monster cake a while back. It uses the 3D teddy bear mold.

Natdbat Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 10

Thank you for the tips!
I will be trying it out tommorrow icon_smile.gif

nonilm Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 11:14pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonilm

I had saved this cookie monster cake a while back. It uses the 3D teddy bear mold.

Forgot to add the link icon_redface.gif
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1489521

Jaimelt76 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 10

I am not sure if this pic will help you. I used this pic when I made my elmo.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1746260⊂=1746261

cownsj Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 10

If you don't want to have to cut feet or the lower part of him, you could do a full scale Cookie Monster like we did. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1558038
My husband just went straight up with 8 inch layers, carved a bit out for his neck and a bit for the top of his head. (Just minor shaping) Cut a notch for his mouth, which he filled with a fondant strip. His arms and hands are RKT. After piping fur on him we stacked homemade chocolate chip cookies all the way, making one large one for his hand. (The cookies were only about 1 1/2" in size) I don't think anyone can really tell there aren't feet under there somplace. lol

Natdbat Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 10

Jaimelt76-Do you know which tip was used? I know of the Grass tip one but it looks like its a different on on the link you posted
Thanks again for all the useful ideas!

Jaimelt76 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 9:04pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natdbat

Jaimelt76-Do you know which tip was used? I know of the Grass tip one but it looks like its a different on on the link you posted
Thanks again for all the useful ideas!

I don't know what tip they used on it. I used tip 234 on my elmo if that helps you. It took a long time to pipe all the fur so give yourself plenty of time. HTH

brincess_b Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 9:38pm
post #10 of 10

i used the wilton stand up teddy bear pan and made a bit extra cake to give him legs. used a grass tip for mine too.
i think Jaimelt76's link loks like a closed star tip - probably fairly big cause that cake looks massive!
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%