Why Aren't We All Doing Roses Like This????

Decorating By Rose_N_Crantz Updated 9 Dec 2010 , 2:25am by Apti

JackiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackiesCreations Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:07am
post #31 of 42

I actually stumble upon this last week and thought of sharing it with y'all... then I see someone already has icon_smile.gif I think it is awesome!! So fun and easy and looks great! They have lots of other great videos on how-to's. I've already added them to my favourites bar. icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 6:27am
post #32 of 42

It works great. Now the roses are not as delicate looking as when you use the ball tool etc, but as you can see in my pics, they are not bad, well I think for as easy to make they are cute icon_smile.gif

ShuggaNay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShuggaNay Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 8:22pm
post #33 of 42

Does anyone here know how to put chocolate roses on wire. I am attempting to make a vase cake in the next week & have no problem with making chocolate roses... but I am completley stumpped on how to make chocolate flowers on wires. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 8:39pm
post #34 of 42

What a great video..thanks for sharing!! icon_biggrin.gif

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 8:54pm
post #35 of 42

Do you think you can just cut off the big fat butt on the rose? It seems like such a waste of gumpaste. Or fondant. Or whatever they're using.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 9:26pm
post #36 of 42

yes, i was taught to cut the back off at an angle with a sharpe knife. it makes them lay on the cake prettier and stable. after they set up for a bit, then cut back at an angle. i think i have some on a golden anniversary cake in my photos. hth

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 1:10am
post #37 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuggaNay

Does anyone here know how to put chocolate roses on wire. I am attempting to make a vase cake in the next week & have no problem with making chocolate roses... but I am completley stumpped on how to make chocolate flowers on wires. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

you would need to start with a cone on a wire first and let dry a few days then you can add your petals to the cone and build the rose hth

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 1:30am
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieMeister

Do you think you can just cut off the big fat butt on the rose? It seems like such a waste of gumpaste. Or fondant. Or whatever they're using.

Exactly. I practiced making a couple the other night and I just snipped the fat end off with a little scissors.

And I also agree, they don't look as delicate as some other gumpaste roses look, but I think I prefer the look of these. Plus you just can't ignore the efficiency of this method.

gramof5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramof5 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 12:58am
post #39 of 42

I have about 100 roses to make for a wedding cake for next week, and this thread has been a godsend to me! I've done about 25 in the time it used to take me to make just 5! My thanks to the OP - you rock thumbs_up.gif

tracy394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracy394 Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 1:18am
post #40 of 42

I have made roses this way. I find it is easier and faster for me to do it this way. Great video!

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:05am
post #41 of 42

Great tutorial, thanks for sharing.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 9 Dec 2010 , 2:25am
post #42 of 42

I just took a class from Kathleen Lange of Confectionary Chalet. She has been decorating for 35 years and taught us the roses the way they do it in the video since it was the way she was taught a long time ago. I had just seen the video so it was wonderful to have her help me in a class setting. WAY more efficient. I made 22 roses with NO tools! I just pinched the bottom off with my fingers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%