How Much Should I Charge At Charity Bake Sale

Decorating By kellyanne1981 Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 8:57pm by brincess_b

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 6

I'm just wondering how much I should charge for cupcakes and slices of cake at the bake sale. Im trying to raise money for children in need but I just don't know what to charge. Im looking to make small simple cupcakes aswell as more fancy larger cakes along with sl8ces of cake such as carrot cake. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking
Kel x

5 replies
Kelbag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelbag Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 6

Personally I would ask £1.00 per cupcake. slice of cake 75p? But say for a large simple Victoria Sponge I would say £5.00/£6.00. That seems reasonable for a charity bake sale.

Of course you could make some Pudsey's out of modelling paste or fondant and sell them as well or use them as toppers and ask for a bit more money. After all this is a great Charity!

K x

Kelbag Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 6

of course, if your looking for a little bit for yourself you'd have to factor that in... most people though are happy to give for Children in Need whatever you sell icon_biggrin.gif

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking along them lines and I am already starting to make pudsey lol. I don't want any money back all money will be sent to children in need. Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Kelbag Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 6

I believe Asda were selling the Pudsey Bear Cookie Cutter... that might be helpful for you. If not a normal Teddy Cutter for some sugar cookies is another idea icon_smile.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 6

lakeland have loads of cute stuff. and £1 for a cake? not for me! 50p cupcakes, 30p tray bakes, 20/30p biscuits, 10/20p marshmallows.
i suppose it depends where your bakesale is, those prices are roughly what was going on at the last few guiding bake sales, in a relatively well off area.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%