Topping Ideas For Hot Cocoa Cake??

Decorating By mommakabob Updated 16 Nov 2010 , 3:31pm by ThePurpleButterfly

mommakabob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakabob Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 1:04am
post #1 of 13

I'd like to make a hot cocoa flavored cake for my daughter's birthday and plan on filling it with a marshmallow fluff bc. My question is, what should I use to decorate it? Would regular BC taste ok on top?

12 replies
mommakabob Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 1:32am
post #2 of 13

help?

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 1:40am
post #3 of 13

I would think vanilla buttercream would be good. You could also use whipped cream, and toss some mini marshmallows on top (providing you aren't doing a whole design on top of the cake) but you could still use whipped cream. The cake sounds delicious.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:02am
post #4 of 13

I made a hot coco cupcake last Christmas. I filled them with fluff and topped them with chocolate ganache and it was FABULOUS!!!!!

threeforhim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threeforhim Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 13

Instead of flavoring your buttercream with vanilla you could put in a dram of marshmallow flavor.

cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:18am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeforhim

Instead of flavoring your buttercream with vanilla you could put in a dram of marshmallow flavor.

I never heard of marshmallow flavor before. That sounds wonderful.

mommakabob Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:22am
post #7 of 13

Thanks for the ides. I will probably do the vanilla buttercream, as i unfortunately wont have time to get the marshmallow flvoring. Thanks for the help everyone!

ThePurpleButterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePurpleButterfly Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 3:48pm
post #8 of 13

If you're doing MMF, why would you need marshmallow flavoring added in? icon_lol.gif Not sure what you could do, honestly. icon_confused.gif

cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 3:52pm
post #9 of 13

The one question I haven't asked you (OP), is how you get a hot cocoa flavored cake. Please tell me......

mommakabob Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:52pm
post #10 of 13

ThePurpleButterfly: I'm not using fondant on this cake, though now that you say that, maybe I should!

cownsj: I use the WASC recipe and plan to sub in cocoa mix and prepared cocoa. I got the recipe from Macsmom. She has a whole list of variations!

cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 5:56pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakabob

cownsj: I use the WASC recipe and plan to sub in cocoa mix and prepared cocoa. I got the recipe from Macsmom. She has a whole list of variations!

Oh that does sound yummy, thank you.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 6:33pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakabob

ThePurpleButterfly: I'm not using fondant on this cake, though now that you say that, maybe I should!

That is the one I used, and it was fabulous!!!!! ENJOY!!!!!

ThePurpleButterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePurpleButterfly Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 3:31pm
post #13 of 13

We'll then I'd use the MMF since that has the marshmallow taste you're looking for. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%