What Tip Is Used For This?

Baking By yummy Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 1:26pm by momg9

yummy Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 10

I like this look; any idea what #tip it is and how to make it.


9 replies
CreativeCakesbyMichelle Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 10

To me it looks like a large drop flower tip, something similar to #108 or #109. But in the picture it seems like it would have to be bigger than those tips. Not sure though.

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 10

You could also try a closed star tip. Those produce those "ribbony" edges like that. For that size I would look for a cupcake sized tip.


something like this. Not sure if this is cupcake sized, but that's what it looks like.

elliebuff Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 10

Maybe it isn't what they used for the pic, but I think the 2D would get you close....

rharris524 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:09am
post #5 of 10

I agree, it's a 2D

CocoaBlondie Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:24am
post #6 of 10

IMO, This is a wilton 1M.

icer101 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:46am
post #7 of 10

I think it is a large rose tip. 124, 125 , 127. It looks like they are in layers, Not like you go around and around with the 1m or 2D. Of course , that is just what i see. hth

cownsj Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:51am
post #8 of 10

There is a comment area below the photo for photobucket photos. Maybe you could ask them in the comment section which tip they used. They will be notified by email that they have a comment and can go check it. Just a thought.

mom2twogrlz Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 3:14am
post #9 of 10

It looks like a 2D to me.

momg9 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 1:26pm
post #10 of 10

It looks like a 2D to me too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%