4 Tier Transport!

Decorating By sullymel13 Updated 14 Nov 2010 , 4:10pm by mrscunningham

sullymel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sullymel13 Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 3

I am going to be making a four tier Quince cake next month, and I am already sweating the delivery! I have already done a 4 tier, but I stacked it on site, but the design of this one won't allow for that. I have already decided to use SPS, and borrow a friend's van or something to transport it in.

Here are a couple of questions I still have!
- How do you keep it from moving around in the back of the van?
- Is a thin masonite board going to be enough to hold it, or do you think I should use a cake drum? I want to put it on a cake plateau on site.
- Should I just count on 2 people to carry it? It is 12/10/8/6, fondant.
- Any other tips?

Thanks!!

2 replies
AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 3

Definately bring help to carry it. I like to use 3/8" mdf covered in wrap for really heavy cakes. Also to stabilize it in the back once you place the cake you can use blocks of wood (simple 2x4's cut) wedged between the cake board and the wall of the van. Also using a no slip rug pad under it can help.

mrscunningham Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscunningham Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 3

I am planning on doing a 16" tall Oscar the grouch trash can cake. I am going to build a cake stand with a PVC pipe in the center to hold it all. I was thinking this was the best way to keep a tall cake steady. As for it not moving around in the van, I would set it on a non skid pad and that should help. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%