Pink Flowers...........

Decorating By rkei Updated 14 Nov 2010 , 4:17pm by Unlimited

rkei Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 12:16am
post #1 of 5

Mum asked me to bake a cake for tomorrow, since we are having company. It is a simple bundt cake that will be frosted with chocolate icing.

Mom thought I should do some really simple pink flowers on top of the brown... I was just going to do apple blossoms or something? Do you have any other suggestions?

Anways..... I don't want to take the chance to ruin another cake by putting flowers on it and then it ending up aweful.

So, I was going to do the flowers on a practice sheet, freeze them for a few hours, and then randomly place them around the cake...

Will freezing them make them taste bad or melt?????

Thanks!!!

4 replies
CWR41 Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 12:30am
post #2 of 5

Are you making them with buttercream or what?

rkei Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 5

Yep.

rkei Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 5

I didn't want to possible ruin the cake by piping flowers directly on..... if the ones i freeze turn out bad, I don't have to put them on and can leave the cake plain..................

Unlimited Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkei

Will freezing them make them taste bad or melt?

No freezing them won't make them taste bad, but they will return to soft and wet/limp when thawed. This shouldn't be too much of a problem for what you're trying to do with flat flowers if you're placing them flat where they don't need to hold a shape.

However, for buttercream roses that need to hold their shape, you should air dry them in advance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%