Lorann Bakery Emulsions At Ross

Decorating By cindy531 Updated 14 Nov 2010 , 3:30am by chrisviz

cindy531 Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 12:15am
post #1 of 6

Took a quick stroll in Ross's today and came upon LorAnn Bakery Emulsions for $2.99 each. I bought 4 Almond and 1 each of: Lemon, Orange, Princess Cake, Coconut & Butter Vanilla. They also had Rum. There was plenty so it seems that they just put them out on the shelves. Can't beat the price!

5 replies
CNCS Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 12:29am
post #2 of 6

Ive used them and like them all.

Betheigh Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 1:43am
post #3 of 6

I had read about these emulsions on here a few months ago - specifically the Princess one. Sometime after that, I noticed some at ROSS but they just had standard flavors - Almond, Lemon, etc. I picked-up the Almond at the time, but still haven't used it because I am trying to finish off the Almond extract I'm currently using (which I love a lot anyway).

This past week, I was at ROSS again and they had the Princess! And Rum! And Butter Vanilla! So, I got them. They also had Lemon, Orange and Almond, but I didn't grab those.

I made a cake this week with the Princess, and I love it. I think it kind of threw my husband off, but I really enjoyed it. It seems like it would be absolutely delicious in sugar cookies.

I wish they had the Sweet Dough one - I have read that one is excellent as well.

Win Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 2:01am
post #4 of 6

I use the Buttery Sweet Dough exclusively. It is just my personal preference having tried Princess and Wedding Bouquet as well. Buttery Sweet Dough give a soft bakery essence to everything. My Hobby Lobby sells it which is fantastic since I used to only be able to buy it online. Now, I can use a 40% coupon and get it for a steal. I did,recently however, purchase the coconut emulsion. I have not used it yet. Don't forget, emulsion is stronger than an extract and one uses less in a recipe --especially the almond and especially if you were to use it in buttercream.

Betheigh Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 3:15am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win

I use the Buttery Sweet Dough exclusively. It is just my personal preference having tried Princess and Wedding Bouquet as well. Buttery Sweet Dough give a soft bakery essence to everything. My Hobby Lobby sells it which is fantastic since I used to only be able to buy it online. Now, I can use a 40% coupon and get it for a steal. I did,recently however, purchase the coconut emulsion. I have not used it yet. Don't forget, emulsion is stronger than an extract and one uses less in a recipe --especially the almond and especially if you were to use it in buttercream.

I've read about the Wedding Bouquet, but it seems it is something I have to special order (?) so that is kind of a turn-off for me. I can't remember the exact flavor profile, though - does it have a pronounced lemon flavor, or no? Perhaps none at all? The Princess definitely has a lemon flavor to it, but it isn't over the top to me, but I could see where it wouldn't work well for all cakes.

If I get the opportunity, I'll go by Hobby Lobby and check out what offerings they have in regards to the emulsions. I didn't notice them the last time I was there, but that doesn't mean much since I get distracted very easily in that store - so much to look at.

chrisviz Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 3:30am
post #6 of 6

OOOOOOH! Man I was at Ross today...should have gone down that isle... I will be back tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%