Need Advice On Doctoring A Butter Cake Mix

Baking By Crazy4Bay

Crazy4Bay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy4Bay Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 1

Happy Saturday, all!

I have a holiday craft show next weekend where I'll be bringing about 12 six inch cakes (chocolate and yellow) and about 6 dozen cupcakes. Normally I'm a stay at home mom, but next week I actually have to work full time (substitute). In the interest of time, I'm going to do a box mix butter cake for half of the cupcakes (I do the Hershey's chocolate cake recipe, so that's super fast, but I do Sylvia's recipe for yellow cake, and that's pretty time consuming when you have to do it a few times in a row).

I've been baking & freezing my cakes this week so that I can decorate them all on Thursday (no school) but I'll have to bake & decorate my cuppies on Friday late afternoon/evening. Gotta do the box for half. I figured a butter cake mix would be the least "box like" in flavor/texture, but can that really be doctored when it already contains a stick of butter? I thought about doing the WASC but didn't want to try it before I heard of someone else doing it with success.

Thanks!

**EDIT - Crud, I accidentally got into the cupcakes forum, meant to be in the recipes forum. Mods, will you please move? Thanks & sorry about that! icon_razz.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%