Late/ No Show Consults

Decorating By AmysCakesNCandies Updated 14 Nov 2010 , 12:40am by costumeczar

AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 5

It's almost 12:30 and I'm sitting here waiting for my 12:00 consult to show... argh..... Nothing irritates me more that adjusting my day to fit a customer in (I don't typically do Saturday consults) and then they can't manage to show up on time. I've had a rash of late and no-show consults lately. icon_mad.gif

4 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 5

That stinks! I've been confirming a day or two ahead, via phone...it seems to help.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 5

In my email that confirmed the appointment, the very first paragraph said:

"This is to confirm your sampling appointment at --------------------. Directions are attached. If you run late due to traffic or other circumstances, we ask that you just give us a call to let us know that youre on your way. (At 15 minutes past the appt, with no phone-call, I consider it a no-show and I pack up and go home.)"

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 8:02pm
post #4 of 5

Good advice Debi. Amyscakes your time is money, don't waste it on people who can't be on time or may not show up at all. Give them a few extra minutes and then it out the door. If they do happen to show up on your way out, simply say I'm sorry but I have another appointment. If they are rude enough to be late for an important appointment as getting their wedding cake taken care of, they are not the type of customers you would want to do business with anyway. You'd probably have to wait for your money too...if you got it at all.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 12:40am
post #5 of 5

I send directions and confirmations, get people to confirm, and I still have no shows. Some people are just inconsiderate. I'm not very flexible on tastings anymore because of it. I do tastings two or three times a month, and if they can't come, then they can schedule for the next month. Unless someone is from out of town and has limited ability to get here on the day I've scheduled for the month, I don't usually deviate from the days I've set.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%