Uk Caker

Decorating By dorapapp Updated 13 Nov 2010 , 12:53pm by MamaD77

dorapapp Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 3

Hi there Caking ladies and gentleman...

iha ve only recently started in serious cake decorating and im enjoying it so far, but i do have a major problem...its seems like that everyone i talked to or see recipes from are all using American brands and i found it very difficult to get it all .... so i end up ordering them from the us...but then they just cost loads...
does anyone here is from the uk and can help me with recipes includes ingredients i can easily buy in shops?

that would be amazing....thank you all

dora xx

2 replies
Kelbag Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 12:46pm
post #2 of 3

Which particular things were you after?

MamaD77 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 3

Hi there Dorapapp! Welcome to CC!

I'm in Scotland, so hopefully will be of some help if I can. Check out "a thread for all UK bakers" it's in the cupcake forum, it's a wealth of information, although it took me about 3days to read each and every post!

There's another thread too, which is from last week, which I contributed to, and may be of some use. It was about your very question of UK/US conversions and product availability. I'll have a look for it just now, and repost when I find it!

Anything else I may be able to help with, just ask! You can pm me.

This site is sooo fab! You'll learn so much from here, I'm totally addicted now, I love it, and check in every day!
Look forward to swapping tips with you soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%