I Think I Have Bad Sugar Sheets

Lounge By Molly2 Updated 15 Nov 2010 , 12:37pm by Molly2

Molly2 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 5:14am
post #1 of 5

I recently ordered sugar sheets from KopyKakes tonight I opened the pkg. placed a sheet in my printer as the printer started to print the sugar sheet would pull away from the paper backing and ball up, my question is has anyone ever had this happen to them if so what did you do did you send them back? It seem to be the whole Pkg of sheets that are like this Thanks for any advice

4 replies
leah_s Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 5

Sugar sheets? What is that? Are you asking about Icing sheets? Anyway, I've never seen that problem, but it does sound like they are defective in some way.

Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 5

I had that problem with mine...It began to peel from the sheet just before I set it in my upright back load on my Canon IP 3600 printer...needless to say....When it fed through..it missed about the last inch of the paper.I think that happens when the sheets begin to get brittle and old.Mine where only a few months old but everytime you open and close the ziploc bag they dry out a bit more.

cakecraft Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 5

I've salvaged mine by scotch taping the sides of the sheet to the backing...then just cutting that part away before using. This only works if the image you are printing isn't the entire size of the icing sheet. HTH

Molly2 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 12:37pm
post #5 of 5

My Frosting Sheets are only a couple of weeks old I just received them and I have never opened them until this weekend I have never had this problem before Ive ordered them many times and was just wondering if anyone else has ever come across this problem and how they corrected it, Thank You cakecraft and kiddiekakes for your input I will try taping them next time , kiddiekakes mine are doing what yours did Thank You again for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%