Noah's Ark Cake

Decorating By shanney54 Updated 13 Nov 2010 , 6:27am by caymancake

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 2:25am
post #1 of 3

I'm working on making some figurines for my best friend's baby shower. As you probably guess it's a noah's ark cake. I have some animals in mind but most of them are either black and white or brown ( elephant, lion, white tiger, bear, giraffe, ladybug, pig). She's having a girl so I'm going to cover the cake in light pink fondant and have the baby's name in purple fondant. I guess what I'm asking is do you think that the figurines will look funny since they'll mostly be around the same colors? Know what I mean? TIA! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 5:56am
post #2 of 3

Make the lions, tigers, and giraffes yellow and add the stripes, spots, or accents in the darker color. Gray elephants or blue would be cute. Pink pigs. Red & black ladybugs. The only thing I see in brown is the bear, and the only B&W is the white tiger (unless you're adding penguins).

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 6:27am
post #3 of 3

I recently did a Noah's Ark Cake - and it was a lot of fun! I just did animal heads in icecream pop sticks and it worked great (you can see the pic in my photos). Personally, I would have fun with the colours - do pastels with darker colour accents and see how it goes! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%