Whipped Cream Curdled - Is It Ok For Me To Eat?

Decorating By tsal Updated 13 Nov 2010 , 4:01am by tsal

tsal Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 1:52am
post #1 of 3

Okay so this might be the dumbest question ever, but I was making some raspberry white chocolate mousse and I guess I didn't let the white chocolate mixture cool enough because when I added the whipped cream to it, it curdled.

I would be embarrassed to serve it, but is it safe for me to snack on? It still tastes awesome and it's going to be a late night...[/code]

2 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 3:31am
post #2 of 3

Sure, you can eat it. That type of "curdling" is the separation of the emulsion and the congealing of the fats--NOT the result of spoilage. It's just a cosmetic issue.

Rae

tsal Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 4:01am
post #3 of 3

Thanks, Rae! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%