No Motivation Anymore

Lounge By SweetResults Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 1:18am by neecerator

SweetResults Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 15

I have been sitting at the computer all morning/afternoon - wasted my day. Should have been cleaning/baking/ANYTHING!!

*sigh*

Just can't get myself moving, I want to be ready for holidays, but I just want to crawl in bed and go back to sleep. Very down in the dumps, can't get my act together to start baking or cleaning or anything.
UGH!

14 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 15

I totally understand.I had such a bad day yesterday...Had a anxiety attack in the grocery store...Felt so stupid along with numerous other happenings yesterday which made the day lousy....

Here is a big cyber Hug!!!!

patticakeb67 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 15

I completely understand.....I was working on a cake at 9:30 last night after working all day....Just wanted to crawl in bed and veg for awhile.

J1977 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 15

Maybe you need a nap or go do something relaxing to rejuvenate yourself. I was in the same mood yesterday and after an hour nap the rest of the day went better.

cakes22 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 15

You have the November Blahhhhhhssssss.
Seems to happen when the time change takes place. We get up it's dark, get home from work(if we work outside the home) it's dark. Less sunlight, cold weather, sniffles and runny noses.

Rest assured that your not the only one.

hope your feeling better........ icon_biggrin.gif

debbief Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 15

Sounds like you are overwhelming yourself with all that should be done. You think of one thing...cleaning...then baking...then something else that should be done and before you know it you aren't motivated to do anything.

Maybe just pick one little thing to do and feel that little sort of accomplishment. Then it may just snowball and you'll be buzzing around getting all kinds of things accomplished.

It's so easy to fall into that blah feeling. Especially as cakes22 said, it's that time of the year.

Put on some music that makes you happy and find that little something to accomplish to get the snowball rolling icon_wink.gif

Hope you feel better soon icon_smile.gif

tracycakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 15

I understand completely Sweetresults. I am so tired myself. I completely took last Sunday off, well,not completely, I did work on cleaning up the house some. I also feel overwhelmed, overstressed, still plagued by self-doubts despite all of the compliments and growing business. Even if I get excited about a cake design I get to do, I'm usually so tired and ready to go home that I don't enjoy the decorating. I'm taking off the week between Christmas and New Years - no cake orders!

SweetResults Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 7:18pm
post #8 of 15

Thanks ladies - finally at least took a shower, going to set the timer for 15 minutes and see if I can get through the kitchen.

TexasSugar Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 2:32am
post #9 of 15

I have the I don't want to blah's tonight. I should be in the kitchen icing cookies that are made and bake some more to ice/decorate tomorrow at the demo I have to do. But I'm not. Sigh.

SweetResults Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 15

How's everyone feeling today? Trying to stay off Facebook and keep moving - weekends are always a little better, I feel less alone. Here's to a productive day everyone!

cakesbycathy Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 11:22pm
post #11 of 15

Having had a serious case of the same thing...you know what I decided?

It is OKAY to have a day like that. It is OKAY to take a day and do nothing but lie around and let the house be a disaster. It is OKAY for the kids to do nothing but watch TV or play video games and eat cereal for dinner. It is OKAY for me to lie on the couch and read.

Every once in a while it is OKAY. Not every day of course. Sometimes we just need a day to do nothing and give ourselves a break. All the crap that needs to be done will still be there tomorrow. The kids will not need to see a therapist in 10 yrs because their mom took a day off (and they got one, too).

Give yourself a break and start again tomorrow. thumbs_up.gif

jammjenks Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 2:48am
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

Having had a serious case of the same thing...you know what I decided?

It is OKAY to have a day like that. It is OKAY to take a day and do nothing but lie around and let the house be a disaster. It is OKAY for the kids to do nothing but watch TV or play video games and eat cereal for dinner. It is OKAY for me to lie on the couch and read.

Every once in a while it is OKAY. Not every day of course. Sometimes we just need a day to do nothing and give ourselves a break. All the crap that needs to be done will still be there tomorrow. The kids will not need to see a therapist in 10 yrs because their mom took a day off (and they got one, too).

Give yourself a break and start again tomorrow. thumbs_up.gif

AMEN, SISTER!

saffronica Posted 14 Nov 2010 , 5:30am
post #13 of 15

I totally agree that it's okay to take a break and have an off day every now and then. But if this is something you're dealing with regularly, please, PLEASE talk to your doctor. A continual blah, unmotivated feeling is a classic symptom of depression. I hope that's not it, because depressions sucks (unfortunately, I know), but life gets SO much better when you get help.

Wishing you the best.

paulina69 Posted 15 Nov 2010 , 2:29am
post #14 of 15

You're not alone. It always feel that way sometimes...just when you have to do something important, you just tend to be lazy. It's frustrating really! icon_sad.gif

neecerator Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 1:18am
post #15 of 15

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) begins to happen this time of year. There are helps available. One for example is the 'blue light' therapy. They are scientifically proven to work. Hope this helps.

I find when I get feeling blue, I need to be out and about with people, and not at home feeling isolated, etc.

Cheers, everyone! It's a time to be 'thankful' now.
So let's count our blessings, ok?
icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%