Question About Cookie Sticks

Baking By pinklady1356 Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 5:46pm by Rosie2

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 7

Please forgive me if its has ben repeated I dont see it. Im trying to find where or how use sticks for cookies I want to make a cookie basket gifts but When do you add the sticks to the cookies after its baked or how you do it?

Thanks for your help.

6 replies
Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, I bake my cookies with the stick, and no they don't burn. They are the Wilton sticks that I find at Michaels. I cut my cookie somewhat thick and I carefully insert the stick in a turning motion trying not to disturb the shape. Another option is to use shiskabob sticks, although I don't feel comfortable using those --because of the sharp tip-- if I'm making the cookies for kids.

Ok, good luck!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 7

i bake my cookies and then remove them from the pan right away. Then i push a stick in while it's still hot, it has to be done while it's hot or the stick will break the cookie.

Others use melted chocolate and put it on after it's cooled, others as the pp put it in before it's baked. There is no right or wrong way, just what works for you.

I like to do it after so i can bake more cookies at one time, the sticks just take up to much room on my baking sheet.

Rosie2 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

I like to do it after so i can bake more cookies at one time, the sticks just take up to much room on my baking sheet.

I agree with you Leily, but I have a hard time putting the stick after...the cookies either break oh I mess up the shape icon_cry.gif I guess I'll have to try again icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:

I agree with you Leily, but I have a hard time putting the stick after...the cookies either break oh I mess up the shape icon_cry.gif I guess I'll have to try again icon_smile.gif

I find that if i twist while i push in i dont' have issues with breakage.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 7

check out karenscookies.net. she shows how to insert before baking. I have seen some tutorials on youtube also. goodluck

Rosie2 Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 5:46pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:

I find that if i twist while i push in i dont' have issues with breakage.

Thank you Leily, I will try again next time! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%