Edible Images

Decorating By ClaudetteLaFleur Updated 13 Nov 2010 , 5:47am by ClaudetteLaFleur

ClaudetteLaFleur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ClaudetteLaFleur Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 4:39pm
post #1 of 8

I'm off to buy a printer this afternoon for edible Icing Sheets, way too much information and choices. Anyone have a specific newer printer to recommend and I read in a forum (somewhere) last week that it was best to have a 4 or 5 or 6 cartridge printer. Now I can't remember which or where I read it. Plus all the sheets seem to be in the $28.00 range, can't we buy directly from the manufacturer for a better price? Claudette

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 4:57pm
post #2 of 8

Icingimages as well as Linda McClure recommended the cannon MP560 and I love it. I don't think you can buy from a manufacturer unless you are a wholesaler and buy very large quantities.

ClaudetteLaFleur Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks Tiggy I have the number in hand. Claudette

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 8

Please consider the cost first....I have had my EI printer for 6 months now and just threw it out..Yup..It was broken beyond repair and I spent well over $400.00 Canadian to buy the printer,inks,icing sheets and now all wasted...

I realize than many have had success with EI printing and I'm not trying to take away from that I am just saying that is can be a huge investment and if you don't plan to use it often etc...It may not be worth it.

ClaudetteLaFleur Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks Busy , that's not nice, Hopefuly you can sell your supplies. My everyday suppier for the printed sheets has had her printer for several years (and isn't saying which one) and says she's had no problem. If you do have a lot of stuff maybe it might be worth one more crack at a new printer and, according to what I've read , if not a big user, keep the printer heads in an airtight container for the weeks when not using them. Tiger Direct .com has realy great prices and mine, in London Ontario, is having a Grand opening this weekend so I'm hoping for an even better deal. Claudette

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 5:36pm
post #6 of 8

Sorry....edited post....Mis-understood intent. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gifthumbs_up.gif

KaysKreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KaysKreations Posted 12 Nov 2010 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 8

Best Buy is going to have the Canon MP560 for $49.99 on Black Friday.

ClaudetteLaFleur Posted 13 Nov 2010 , 5:47am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaysKreations

Best Buy is going to have the Canon MP560 for $49.99 on Black Friday.

Thanks I'll watch for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%